Deep sleep alert

My phone lately pops up a warning about battery consumption and planning apps in deep sleep. When I click on it it always pops up saying Home Assistant has frequent crashes. I’m not sure where to look to figure out what is going on with the crashes. Anyone have some pointers on solving this?

open up the HA app go to Configuration > Companion App > Show and share logs, from there you should see a recent crash tab and from there you can share it on github

I just open an issue on Github and post the log?

Yup make sure to fill out the issue template

Okay didn’t know if better to ask on github or here, so what exactly do I need to post from Logcat Reader. I found how to search the app and then it’s a matter of do we just want to filter the errors?

first try searching for the word crash to see if anything shows up, if it does look up the whole log from the time of the crash, otherwise you can filter by homeassistant and scroll until you find the crash and get the whole traceback from the time. Its ok to ask in either place :slight_smile:

I’m sorry for the confusion with this, but when I search crash I don’t see anything that showed home assistant. When I search home assistant I get a bunch of stuff, but not exactly sure what I’m looking for. For example, one of the last E (errors) is “pageboostd”, the items after are D and I.

its possible too much time has passed since the last crash, its best to try and detect it as soon as it occurs to see if there is any crash happening. Are you still seeing things work like sensor updates despite these warnings?

I have a widget on my homescreen that shows if the garage door is open or closed as I use that to see before I use a NFC tag and occasionally it won’t show status but gives a refresh symbol. When I click that I get it to update. I’m showing a WM-WorkerWrapper error now that says something about a sensors.sensorworker and a WM-Processor error that I’m not sure what it’s saying.

if its an error we need the whole traceback