Default Calendar that comes up when adding an event

Hi.

This may be an odd/strange question, but I’m trying to figure out something strange on the Calendar front end.

When I go to calendar, and schedule an event… The calendar always comes up with the default (starting) calendar entity to be one calendar in particular. In my case, it is “Trash Schedule”. This is a calendar that is rarely edited.

I have been trying to figure out how to change which calendar shows up as the default. Have attempted to hide the “Trash Schedule calendar” from visibility. It doesn’t show up on my calendars on the side, but when I attempt to schedule an event, it is still the default calendar.

My question is, what determines the default calendar? Does anyone know of a way to change it to another, more commonly used calendar entity?

Thanks

I am sad nobody has responded to this. I’m currently trying to figure out the same thing (also with a trash calendar)

Ok, it looks like I figured this out!
I was sort of suspecting that my trash calendar was the default because it was the first one I made, so I figured that if I disabled it and re-enabled it, it would no longer be the first one added and the 2nd calendar I made would then be the default. I did this, and it worked! It also has the benefit of not deleting the calendar and all the events added to it as well

If you have trouble finding the entity once you disable it, it’ll be in settings > devices & services > integrations > local calendar > entities. If it’s not showing up there, go to the filter on the upperish left and make sure “disabled” and “hidden” (if you had it hidden like I did) are both checked under “status”

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like