Default view

Hi

Is it possible to have custom default view and to keep additional view with all available entities?
Currently I don’t have default view and in my Home tab I see all available entities.

Not really, but you can have a separate view that includes the “all” groups and that would get you at least close.

group.all_automations
group.all_devices
group.all_lights
group.all_locks
group.all_remotes
group.all_scripts
group.all_switches
2 Likes

When I do that nothing shows up in that view :confused:

What’s your group yaml for the view look like? I have some of the ‘all’ groups included in one of my views like this:

automation:
  name: Automation
  view: true
  entities:
    - group.scenes
    - group.inputs
    - group.all_automations
    - group.all_scripts
    - group.weather

And they’re showing up fine.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue. For some reason they were automatically hidden when I added a default view. Try adding hidden: false to their corresponding customize section. Hopefully it works.

1 Like

I’ll try this!

He’s absolutely right - that’s what’s missing. I should have mentioned this and completely forgot. Sorry.

Good catch @postlund!

1 Like

Where I have to put this hidden: false ?

ok, found by adding to customize section:

group.all_automations:
  hidden: false

Not exactly what I was looking for cause now it showing the automation belonging to other groups as well. I looked how to include to some view only automation not belonging to some group…

I do not think that is possible.

It’s an all or nothing thing - that’s why they are called the ‘all’ groups. There’s no way to create a group of automations not in any group unless you do it manually.

1 Like