Definitive answer on whether insteon dimmers support the 'transition' parameter?

Hi all,

insteon 2477D dimmer
ISY994i-ZW updated to current
hassio info below, but also updated to current.

this:
(taken from the developer Tools -> Service -> Call Service section)

light.turn_on
entity_id: light.light_overhead_living_rm
transition: 600
brightness: 255

simply turns the light on over probably 3 sec give or take. Certainly not 600 sec (nor even 60 sec)

same with:
(taken from the developer Tools -> Service -> Call Service section)

light.turn_on
entity_id: light.light_overhead_living_rm
transition: 600
brightness: 0

Except dims the light to zero over maybe 3 sec or so. Not 600, or even 60 seconds

examining some of the topics that specifically discuss insteon and scripts and even the 2477D by model number, well the answer is probably there, but buried so that I can’t see it. The complicated gymnastics of a couple of the scripts imply ‘no, it doesn’t support transition’. However the majority of the complicated scriptnastics seems to be trying do implement other more elaborate functionality than simple dimming/brightening so I’m unsure that the root conclusion is ‘no’. On the other hand, a few discussions imply ‘yes’, but with no details.

So ,yea or nay?

Thanks!

EDIT: forgot to past hassio info

~ hassio info                 
arch: aarch64
channel: stable
hassos: "2.12"
homeassistant: 0.101.2
hostname: hassio
logging: info
machine: odroid-c2
supervisor: "192"
supported_arch:
- aarch64

It sound like you may have this switch set to that ramp rate in ISY.
This could likely be done in the ISY using the native insteon commands.
Do you always want this light to turn on this way?

Also are you using the built in isy component or the updated custom one? The custom one is in HACS and is a drop in replacement, but much more advanced.

I’m coming to HA from Insteon. I’ve gotten everything setup in HA but have an issue with dimming. I had a scene in Insteon that would dim a dimmer switch down to off over the span of 1 minute. Like the original poster, when I try to script this out even though I put in transition it immediately turns off. I looked at the settings of my switch and I have a value set for ramp_rate_in_seconds which is the amount of time that it takes to turn things off. If I clear this value will scripting the transition work?

Did you ever find a solution for this?