Delay automation

Hello everyone, I need the help of experts
I have shelly1 pm connected to a washing machine and checking its power consumption,
I made an automation that every time it reaches the power consumption range and finishes the work, an alert will be sent to the cell phone and everything works great,
I have one problem, the power consumption remains the same until the clothes are taken out of the machine, I want to add a condition that the automation will work every 30 minutes or another idea,
can anyone help me?
Thank you

Can you show us your current automation YAML? In addition, a power consumption graph would be super helpful.

If you mean you want to be notified every 30 minutes until the washing machine is unloaded, consider using the Alert integration.

yeah, of course

- id: ‘1619360379123’
alias: Dryer alert
description: ‘’
trigger:

• type: power
    platform: device
    device_id: 0927bda2727f697f94eaae2068a9b42d
    entity_id: sensor.shelly1pm_d8bfc019bbb6_power
    domain: sensor
    above: 2.9
    below: 3.3
    for:
    hours: 0
    minutes: 0
    seconds: 3
    milliseconds: 0
    condition: []
    action:
  • service: notify.mobile_app_netta
    data:
    title: 'מייבש כביסה ’
  • service: notify.mobile_app_noy_2
    data:
    mode: single

If you just need to be notified when the washing machine is finished (after being used), you just need below numeric_state trigger-

trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.shelly1pm_d8bfc019bbb6_power
    below: '5'
    for: '00:05:00'
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_netta
    data:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_noy_2
    data:

If you use above and below numeric_state trigger, the automation will be triggered if the numeric_value is outside the range and coming back inside your defined range.

I suggest you take a look at your power consumption graph to determine the best numeric_state below threshold to know if the washing machine is actually done.

Just for your knowledge (for your other automation, if needed), if you want an automation to work with a minimum gap of 30 minutes after being triggered, you can add a condition-

- condition: template
    value_template: >-
      {{ (as_timestamp(now())-as_timestamp(state_attr('automation.my_automation', 'last_triggered') | default(0)) | int > 1800) }}

You will need to change automation.my_automation to your automation entity_id. Next, change 1800 in seconds (to your desired gap between automation to be triggered).

1 Like