Delete files in "My Media" folder

Hi team,

I just found, that Frigate put tons of files in the “My Media” folder which I access via Media > My Media.

Unfortunately, I can’t delete the whole folder via the UI neither can’t access it via Samba.

I use Raspberry PI with HomeAssistant Operating system.

Can you help me how I can access this folder?!

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
Warm regards
Sebastian

Use the retain option in the frigate config to delete files older then for example 5 days.

retain:
        default: 5
1 Like

the “my media” is not a real folder, it is just a virtual folder created via the integration. The only storage being used is the storage being used by frigate itself which saves recordings, snapshots, etc. in the /media/frigate directory

Thats great to know, thanks a lot :slight_smile: I now delete the frigate folder in the media folder via Samba and then start the plugin again. As of now, it looks as if it deletes all old stuff.

The dev just stated in Github issues chat, that the next version will delete files which aren’t in the db :slight_smile:

What is the best option, to delete the whole media content? Via Samba it takes ages unfortunately :frowning:

Why you should?
If there is a new event in Frigate, it puts the same folder back right away and fills it again with events.

Restrict the content amound with the retain option.
Or do I not understand your problem?

the users problem was that the existing recordings DB was corrupt so the files needed to be deleted

I have the same problem, have not been able to figure it out. If I do, I will be sure to post here!