Deleted automations persists but"unavailable" in the web GUI/Lovelace

Anyone knows how to get rid of yellowed items in the Automations field/GUI? Have deleted a couple but can’t get rid of them in the GUI/Lovelace…

If I delete the automations.yaml file and restart - all automations are yellowed as " not available"…

1 Like

I’m guessing you took control of the Lovelace interface at some point? This means you are now responsible for adding and removing items from the front end. l could be wrong about this though as I took control almost immediately so am not actually sure the automatic Lovelace mode does delete removed entities.

Anyway, to solve your problem you will have to manually edit the Lovelace card. Press the three dots icon upper right and select “Configure UI”. Each card will then be editable. You can add or remove entities from an entities card by pressing the “x” next to the entity name. Or just delete the entity name. Save the card when done. Or you can delete the whole card rather than editing it.

To exit the edit mode press the X upper left.

Great tutorial here: https://www.juanmtech.com/home-assistant-new-user-interface-and-ui-editor/

Thanks for your reply, but I can’t get your advice to work, it doesn’t seem to be possible to edit or delete Automation entries via the GUI. It works id I use the Raw configuration editor, or as I did - editing the ./homeassistant/.storage/ui/lovslce file with a text editor.

To some extent I blame my own ignorance but mostly the relative lack use useful info on lovelace, I am still looking for info how to change the look of lovelace, cards a.s.o.

br Göran A

You may have corrupted something here. This is definitely not the way for a new user to edit Lovelace.

My advice would be to restore from a snapshot taken before you did this.

Works fine after that, the lovelace file is a straight forward ASCII text file, nothing fancy at all!!! It was after all just a matter of deleting a couple of lines.

Yet your Lovelace UI is no longer able to be edited using the GUI.

The .storage files are not meant to be user editable.

If you want that sort of full control change to Lovelace yaml mode.

So what do I need to do to regain full control using the GUI?

You didn’t install the compact-custom-header card did you?

This is the only thing I can think of (other than .storage corruption) that would prevent you editing the GUI.

Or did you enable YAML mode?

https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/yaml-mode/

If CCH is the issue here, just add “?disable_cch” at the end of your URL. This would only be needed if you hid the header or options button with CCH.

1 Like