Deleted unsuccessful snapshots

Hi all,

Due to me messing up the snapshot creation (I started a full snapshot including the media folder, however, I forgot that I have a 5TB external HD mapped to it) I ended up with a bunch of used space that wasn’t supposed to be used.

System Information:

• Raspberry PI 4 + 64GB HD
  • External HD mounted to /media/HD
  • Core: core-2021.6.6
  • Supervisor: supervisor-2021.06.3
  • Host: Home Assistant OS 6.1

I’m not sure what you’re trying to show or fix there. What do you think is wrong and needs to be fixed?

I think those files/dir are from a filesystem error. And your system looks corrupt. You are mounted on /etc files???

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t think you can identify any filesystem errors or corruption from that information. It’s quite similar to mine.

df definition for mounted on is:

Mounted on – This is the directory where the file system is located. This is also sometimes called a mount point.

You have the same filesystem mounted at 12 different locations. That is odd.

It is not. It’s all part of a Docker overlay filesystem as viewed from inside the container.

Thanks for the education!

I am trying to reclaim space. Before I messed up trying to backup the external HD to the SD card I was using only 5% of my 64GB SD.

That’s also what I am thinking and I am at a loss here. If you subtract the /media (external HD) from the total HA container it should only be using 1GB and not 30Gb.

Another useful piece of information that I will add to my first post: I am using HASIO default install. The only fancy thing I have is an external HD mounted at /media/HD.

I found out what is using a bunch of space, it is a bunch o tmp files at /mnt/data/supervisor/tmp

Is there a way to delete those without having to ssh into the host OS?

Can you access it through terminal in a browser? i.e. terminal and SSH add-on.

I don’t think so, or I don’t know home. Using the web interface I can only SSH into the HA container and the temp folder is inside the supervisor container (I think, as I am not an expert in the Home Assistant OS).

What I did was follow this guide to get SSH access to the Host OS, then I went to the supervisor tmp folder

cd /mnt/data/supervisor/tmp

and deleted the tmp* directories

rm -r <directory name>

More learning on my part. Thanks for the solution.