Denon HEOS 1 - HEOS3 - HEOS Home Cinema

Good morning,
I’ve been trying to integrate my HEOS 1 - Heos 3 or Heos home theater into HomeAssistant for days and just can’t get any further.
I have set the logging (configuration.yaml) to see where the error is. Unfortunately I can’t get a LOG. Unfortunately, I also don’t know how to create a service with the login data for the Denon Heos account under services. I am still new and unfortunately I can’t get any further. Therefore my request for help.

"Logger: homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script
Source: helpers/script.py:1934
First occurrence: May 11, 2024 at 11:05:36 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: May 11, 2024 at 11:05:36

websocket_api script: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Service heos.sign_in not found"
I would be happy if someone can help me.

Greetings Reinhard

Is your heos device discovered by home assistant?

What do you mean by “I can’t get the LOG”? Do you mean you don’t know where the log is? Or that you can’t find the entries in the log file?

The docs tell you exactly how to call the service. However the service will not exist until you configure heos.

Are you sure, you are using this integration Denon HEOS - Home Assistant next to the base Denon AVR Network Receivers - Home Assistant ?

You need both…

Good morning, the Denon HEOS devices are recognized. However, I cannot configure them.
There is no entry in the System/Protocols area.
I have entered this in the config file.
configuration.yaml
logger:
default: info
logs:
homeassistant.components.heos: debug
pyheos: debug

Denon AVR Network Receivers - Home Assistant ? No, I haven’t installed that. I don’t have any AVR receivers.
Do I really need this?

Ohhh, ok… Forget about the AVR part then, my mistake, just an wrong assumption :wink:

Well, the heos.sign_in service should be automatically added, when the device is recognized and added. It’s part of the setup. There should be no need to setup that service manually…

Where are they recognized then?

Good morning, the devices are recognized by the Denon HEOS integrations.
The “heos_sign_in” service is not available.

I am still new and cannot explain it.
I would be grateful for any help.
Greetings Reinhard

So it shows up as a media_player entity?

No, by “New devices discovered”
Connect to Heos
Please enter the host name or IP address of a Heos device (preferably one that is connected to the network by cable).

Host
Kitchen (192.168.168.24)
Home theater (192.168.168.32)
Office (192.168.168.34)
The host name or IP address of your HEOS device.

and then comes:
Connection failed

2024-05-15 19:10:50.493 DEBUG (MainThread) [pyheos.connection] Command failed ‘heos://system/register_for_change_events?sequence=0&enable=on’: Command timed out
2024-05-15 19:10:50.493 DEBUG (MainThread) [pyheos.connection] Disconnected from 192.168.168.32
2024-05-15 19:10:50.495 DEBUG (MainThread) [pyheos.connection] Disconnected from 192.168.168.32:

I don’t know, how the HEOS satellite device’s like your’s behave. I only have an AVR. Well, this reminds me of same looking problem, I had in the past.

I needed to solve it with two steps:

1. Firmware update
  2. Buried somewhere in the settings of the Denon device I needed to enable LAN, when sleep. Initially that is disabled, so the device disconnects from LAN, when not used.

But as said, I don’t know, if speakers and soundbars are behaving the same way.

Well the sign_in service is not going to be present until you get the integration working.

I suggest bumping to the logging for heos and trying again. The logger is pyheos, and see Logger - Home Assistant

And what @bebemisha suggests of course.