Dependencies not working

I’m trying to add dependencies in app.yaml and when I do scripts don’t run.

Global:
  module: global
  class: Global

hello_world:
  module: hello
  class: HelloWorld

TimedLights:
  module: timed_lights
  class: TimedLights
  dependencies:
    - Global  

TimedLights works fine when no dependencies are listed, and Global at this point only has a send.log in initialize.

Error log shows this:

2018-02-22 10:34:54.046936 WARNING AppDaemon: ------------------------------------------------------------
2018-02-22 10:34:55.055253 WARNING AppDaemon: ------------------------------------------------------------
2018-02-22 10:34:55.056894 WARNING AppDaemon: Unexpected error during utility()
2018-02-22 10:34:55.058575 WARNING AppDaemon: ------------------------------------------------------------
2018-02-22 10:34:55.064748 WARNING AppDaemon: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/appdaemon/appdaemon.py”, line 1305, in utility
await utils.run_in_executor(self.loop, self.executor, self.read_apps)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/appdaemon/utils.py”, line 121, in run_in_executor
response = list(completed)[0].result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/appdaemon/appdaemon.py”, line 1837, in read_apps
if self.dependencies_are_satisfied(mod[“name”], depends_load_order) is True:
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/appdaemon/appdaemon.py”, line 1689, in dependencies_are_satisfied
dependencies = self.get_module_dependencies(_module)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/appdaemon/appdaemon.py”, line 1667, in get_module_dependencies
return self.app_config[key][“dependencies”].split(",")
AttributeError: ‘list’ object has no attribute ‘split’

2018-02-22 10:34:55.066652 WARNING AppDaemon: ------------------------------------------------------------

What version are you running? You’re using the dependency format for 3.0 but I am guessing you are running an earlier version.

Description Python Apps and HADashboard using AppDaemon 3.x for Home Assistant
Version 0.1.0
State started

I had an earlier version installed previously but removed it. Is it possible there are artifacts?

You can tell from the AppDaemon log at startup

2018-02-22 01:07:26.120370 INFO AppDaemon Version 3.0.0b2 starting

OK, the dependency changes went in in b3, you still have the old system. So either upgrade to b3, or do this:

dependencies: global

Note that in b2 and before dependencies are at the module level not the app level, so it needs to be the module name not the App name as I have above.

Thanks! I think I’d prefer to upgrade and be on the leading edge :wink:

Could you guide me to a repo for b3?

I don’t manage any of the hass.io repos, so I’m not sure where or if there is one - sorry.

if i understand correctly, then there is only 1 appdaemon 3.0 addon.
so it seems that frenck didnt update yet, and hassio users cant update untill the addon is updated.

thats one of the disadvantages hassio users must deal with.

Have things changed in AppDaemon 4 again? I’m trying to get this running using the following syntax, as it is shown in the documentation:

helpers:
  module: helpers.py
  global: true

app:
  module: app.py
  class: App
  dependencies: helpers

It says in the logs:

WARNING AppDaemon: App 'helpers' missing 'class' or 'module' entry - ignoring