(deprecated) Extensive roller shutter control including shading (brightness, sun position, temperature, forecast)

Thank you @Eimeel for your hard work to provide us with this great blueprint!

Just a small idea - what could be added - is a trigger when it is freezing outside… external blades should be tilted to a certain degree - to prevent them to freeze together.
And a speed limit (like from the weather station) - to fully open/specific setting the blinds to prevent damage. So all would be controllable in one place. Right now I solved this with another automation… but this could be done better :slight_smile:

are there any activities on an integration for this topic?
i think the whole (at least german) community would highly appreciate auch a solution, as this (at least for me) is the only missing part in homeassistant right now.

i’m thinking of something similar to: GitHub - jeroenterheerdt/HAsmartirrigation: Smart Irrigation custom component for Home Assistant

thanks, gyle

3 Likes

And a speed limit (like from the weather station) - to fully open/specific setting the blinds to prevent damage.

Sorry, I don’t get it. What do you mean with “speed limit”?
I don’t think that I will at any freeze protection but I want to understand it :slight_smile:

Nope, as far as I know there is currently no activity to create an integration. But I would highly appreciate it as well.
Adding additional functionality to the blueprint makes debugging more and more terrible.
But my python knowledge is almost zero, so …

1 Like

If you like, you can take a look at my variant. This was once a fork of Eimeel. I’m quite busy at the moment and am rebuilding a lot. But I should be slowly approaching the end.

GitHub: https://github.com/hvorragend/ha-blueprints/tree/main/blueprints/automation

6 Likes

thanks, i will have a look!

Hey,

first thanks for this awesome Blueprint.

Now to my issue :wink: Im using this Blueprint to control a Curtain. In general the Shading, aswell as Auto Up/Down works without any problems. But in combination with the ventilation setting I figured out a strange behaviour.

As the Curtain was open (mid of the day) I opened the Door behind it. After some Minutes I closes the Door and then for somehow the Curtain was closed, even if it was mid of the day and it normally should have stay open.

In my opinion, this is probably due to the ventilation setting - is something like this known?
or would anyone have an idea how I could solve this?

thanks,
Martin

I bet you use 100% as ventilation value. Change it to 99. :slight_smile:

I bet @crandler is right :slight_smile: See Extensive roller shutter control including shading (brightness, sun position, temperature, forecast) - #79 by crandler

Btw: 99 is only a good value for ventilate_position (in the special case) if position_tolerance is 0. Otherwise ventilate_position should be open_position - ventilate_position - 1.

If it’s not the case, please share your configuration and update to the newest version, set “Check configuration” to true and trigger the automation. Check for any configuration issues in the logfile.

Could you speed up? I want to hand over all support questions to you :smiley:

after I posed my issue I also saw the small note that 100% isn’t a good value :wink: thanks there. seams to work now.

sometimes RTFM helps a lot…

thanks

Done: Cover Control Automation (CCA) has been released. Thank you very much for your work and also for letting me fork.

4 Likes

This blueprint is deprecated.

Suddenly deprecated? Really?
That was not my intention!
You are “the original”.
That is really sad.

But come on, it doesn’t make sense to have to blueprint which are doing more or less the same in the same way. Your version is easier to debug, offers more flexibility and is correcting some wrong design decisions.
Thus it’s the best for new users to use the newer version :slight_smile:

(btw: the original is by Cluni, who implemented a script for FHEM :wink: )

@Eimeel and @Herr.Vorragend many thanks for your efforts resulting in an extraordinary blueprint. :pray: :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll switch my automations to CCA and hope that it will be developed further :wink:
Thank you @Eimeel for your great work so far.

2 Likes

Hey @Eimeel. Just wanted to say: You rock! Thanks for this blueprint and your work you put into it. This blueprint gave me a moment of awesomeness, after I dialed in correct sun elevation and altitude and automatic shading worked on point. Such a feeling I had 10 years before. This was after my coming-home automation in Philips Hue has triggered. :smiley:

Also thank you @Herr.Vorragend for giving this blueprint a new home and love :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been looking at different controls and this one seems very comprehensive, however before I set it up – does this support only 1 shading position? (It doesn’t open/close gradually as the sun moves)

Yes, it’s only one shading position.
I don’t like to move the position according to current sun elevation as - for me - it’s stressing the motor.

But if you just think about starting to use a blueprint, I strongly suggest to have a look at ☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

Well - if the wind speed is above a certain limit for a specific time - the blind actor will trigger a wind speed alert (actually two different once can be defined).
According the blind manufactors - they publish a wind speed limit for specific width of the blades. Like 3m width can withstand 40km/h and 5m width can withstand 30km/h wind until a damage of the blinds might occur.
Guess lots of people have a wind speed “dog” - which is triggering the same. So - shading during high wind speed is not desired.
Concering the freezing protection… same actor will trigger a freeze limit alert - during this time - the blinds should not be tiled to 100% - so they can not freeze together if it would be freezing rain. Further movement should be avoided…
so if this could be triggered at the same blueprint - it would eliminate the extra “block” codes.