Detailed guide on how to flash the new Tuya Beken Chips with OpenBK7231T

Yep, got that working last night. Only thing was that the generated config had the switch states the wrong way around (on=off, off=on).

It’s working well so far. I only have it installed in a test rig that I built.

Next I’m going to have a go at flashing my Brilliant PIR sensor, as the electrician is coming in 6 days to wire that in.

@abdul2000
Will this be fixed in future release
I know i could change the payload for on/off to get proper status but if i restart HA, the status becomes unknown and i had to toggle the switches again to get the latest status.

1 Like

You’ll want to ask that question of @openshwprojects, they’re the creator.

1 Like

Have you figured anything about this SW2.

I’m currently working on finding out, but trial and error is long process if you don’t have any clue about right config not just pins.

Let me know if you figure out something, If I manage to make it to work, I will make PR for config for this device. I have looked at tasmota and teardown of the old esp based SW2, inside looks identical, so I might go with comparing pinout of the boards and see if that gets me anywhere

I think you should raise an issue on the project page https://github.com/openshwprojects/OpenBK7231T_App. @openshwprojects must’ve designed it this way for a reason or maybe just the way things done in his region. I solved it by just switching the on and off values in the switch. My config looks like this

1 Like

Yep, i did the same thing with the payload.
Just the status become unknown if i restart ha, probably will get fixed later

hmmm! I don’t have this issue. It might be your config or mqtt.

I’ve not had this issue either, across several HA restarts in the past day.

FYI, I’ve raised an issue in the Github project as it’s auto-generating a deprecated HA switch config: “Generate Home Assistant cfg” feature using deprecated configuration format · Issue #138 · openshwprojects/OpenBK7231T_App (github.com)

I don’t know why but I have already tried on different PCs and it always stays there…

Have you tried lowering the baud rate?

lower does not let me

I had same situation and problem was that something was connected to tx rx pins ok the board, identify tx rx on chip board and desolder them for flashing

I have checked the connections. I even changed RX and TX just in case it was wrong. Nothing does not even start to erase.
Today I went back to desoldering and soldering. Any… :frowning:

1 Like

try the python script

I have the same problem, if I change the baudrate to 921600 it doesn’t connect to the chip(INIT FAILED), if I set the baudrate to 115200 I get the error “Erasing flash… FAILED” and the chip stops responding to boot, I try to flash choosing the target BK3435 and the boot returns but it doesn’t save the .bin either, I think it’s a problem with the usb TTL adapter, and I don’t know how to use the python command

I had the same sorts of issues with the original USB to TTL adapter that I bought.

I ended up buying another model that I saw was recommended somewhere, and that worked ok for the particular device that I was trying to flash:
https://www.google.com/search?q=USB+to+TTL+CH340G

I use this guy form Jaycar (Arduino Compatible USB to Serial Adaptor Module | Jaycar Electronics). Never had issues with it for years whether flashing with Tasmota or OpenBK

Interesting. That’s the one I bought first, and had trouble with.

I wonder if it is your USB Mini-B cable that has the issue and not the converter!

I tried this configuration, but the SW2 switch doesn’t respond.
SW5 is a regular switch, and SW2 is a dimmer with a fancy LED indicator.

1 Like