Detected i/o inside the event loop

I’m using the abandoned gtask custom component since there’s no todo lists integration.

I’m having the following warning making it quite useless. Could anyone help me out with this?

Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for gtasks doing I/O at custom_components/gtasks/init.py, line 180: task_id = client.gapi.get_task_id(list_id, task_name)Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for gtasks doing I/O at custom_components/gtasks/init.py, line 181: task_to_complete = service.tasks().get(tasklist=list_id, task=task_id).execute()
Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for gtasks doing I/O at custom_components/gtasks/init.py, line 183: service.tasks().update(tasklist=list_id, task=task_to_complete[‘id’], body=task_to_complete).execute()
Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for gtasks doing I/O at custom_components/gtasks/init.py, line 163: client._service.tasks().insert(tasklist=list_id, body=task).execute()

I doubt it makes it useless, but the only way to really fix it is to fix gtasks.

Try the grocy addon.

Yes, it becomes since Hassio does not manage to store the state of input text I’m using. It results in empty tasks.

I know that gtask custom component needs to be fixed but I was wondering if there is any on how to fix it.

I tried it and it is to huge. I also need to be able to add tasks from automations.

Pretty sure Grocy lets you do this

Do you have any examples?

I’m no longer using Grocy as I didn’t make use of it enough so don’t have any personal examples, but here is a blog from a fellow Aussie: