Detected that custom integration 'hacs' accesses hass.components.frontend

I get this warning in the logs everyday but don’t see a way to update. My HA is in a VM in Proxmox.

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.frame
Source: helpers/frame.py:190
First occurred: 04:40:50 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 04:41:04

Detected that custom integration 'hacs' accesses hass.components.frontend. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2024.9, it should be updated to import functions used from frontend directly at custom_components/hacs/frontend.py, line 68: hass.components.frontend.async_register_built_in_panel(, please create a bug report at https://github.com/hacs/integration/issues
Detected that custom integration 'hacs' accesses hass.helpers.event. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2024.11, it should be updated to import functions used from event directly at custom_components/hacs/base.py, line 630: self.hass.helpers.event.async_track_time_interval(, please create a bug report at https://github.com/hacs/integration/issues

Any pointers appreciated.

That is because the just made changes in the Home Assistant Core in the last few versions (starting with 2024.1.0). So the HACs integration will need some work done in order for it to work with the new coding in Home Assistant. The HACs development group is probably working on those now and items loaded using HACs will need to be updated also by the various authors/groups supporting those. This is already listed in the github respective Home Assistant integrations. Give them some tome to work through the code check/review processes that are in place.

1 Like

Before posting about these sorts of things it is best to check github issues for the third party integration. An issue has very likley already been raised by a member of the beta testing team.

In this case it has even been pinned to the top of the issues page:

1 Like

OK thanks, I thought it was something I should be doing.

Got it. I’ll do that in the future.

Many thanks!

1 Like