Determine Home Assistant OS version

Hi there

I run Home Assistant OS on a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM, the OS is installed on a M.2-SSD via USB-adapter. It has been around 1.5 years since I installed Home Assistant OS and I cant remember if I initially used the 32-bit or 64-bit version.

This is how my info-section looks like:

How can I determine if I installed the 32- or 64-bit version? Of course I used the search and found this thread, but am not sure as they are probably talking about generic 64-bit CPUs and not ARM. Determining if you have HassOS 64bit or 32bit installed on RPi? - #4 by PatrickReck366

AFAIK the 32-bit also work on 64-bit hardware but I cant adress the full 8GB of memory (being future-proof and so on)

all the best

Andrew

I believe the 64 in aarch64 answers your question (CPU-Architektur).

thanks for the quick reply. could it also be possible that the system is 32-bit and recognizes that the Pi has a 64-bit architecture? I dont want to question your answer, just want to be sure about what is installed :wink:

If you doubt what it’s telling you, make a backup and install the 64-bit version.

https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/7.4/haos_rpi4-64-7.4.img.xz
1 Like

TIL you can also just type “uname -a” in a terminal.

This info is also found in Settings, System, Repairs, menu > System Information.

1 Like