Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD)

DISCLAIMER : This project is a private open source project and doesn’t have any connection with Deutscher Wetterdienst.

Hey,

I just released a weather integration for Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD) in HACS. It uses data available from their OpenData project.

The integration adds current weather information and forecasts for as many places as you like. Just search for dwd_weather in HACS and follow the installation instructions.

The GitHub page can be found here: https://github.com/FL550/dwd_weather

Let me know what you think and please report any bugs and errors you find!

14 Likes

Great!
Idea for further development:
Include more data, esp the solar radiation.
Very interesting for PV prognosis and EV charging.
Take a look at this solution (german):

1 Like

Awesome work, thanks!

Cool to have a DWD weather component. :+1:

Two things:

• would it be possible to add the rel. humidity to the current values?
  • decimals of the precipitation (maybe other values too) should be rounded.

Auswahl_379
Auswahl_380

1 Like

Yes definitely! Thanks for your suggestion

1 Like
  • I will have a look at it, but I think it should be possible.
  • Great input, I just released a new version with rounded values!
2 Likes

Global Irradiance is not always available. It depends on the selected station_id. Is kJ/m2 or precent (of whatever?) more interesting for you?

Sorry to say, but humidity data is not available from the data I am using. Maybe you can search on their page, if the data is provided somewhere else?

Found something, but no clue if it helps.

Here the relative humidity is calculated from the dewpoint (Td in the kml file) with a php script.

# relative Luftfeuchtigkeit berechnen
# calculate relative humidity (TTT(K), Td(K))
if (!function_exists('getHumidity')) {
function getHumidity($T, $TD) {
  if (is_numeric($T) && is_numeric($TD)) {
    $T = round($T - 273.15, 1);
    $TD = round($TD - 273.15, 1);
    $RH=round(100*(exp((17.625*$TD)/(243.04+$TD)) / exp((17.625*$T)/(243.04+$T))));
  } else {
    $RH = '---';
  }
  return $RH;
}
}

Thanks for your effort!

EDIT: From the MOSMIX FAQ

Die relative Luftfeuchte wird nicht als Element in MOSMIX abgegeben. Sie kann aber aus anderen Elementen berechnet werden. Hier dient vornehmlich die Magnus-Formel.
Eine sehr vereinfachte Variante wäre beispielsweise:

Berechnung relative Feuchte (RH) aus Taupunkt (Td) und Temperatur (T2m):
RH = 100exp((rh_c2TD2m/(rh_c3+TD2m))-(rh_c2T2m/(rh_c3+T2m)))*
rh_c2=17.5043, rh_c3=241.2

Thank you, this is added in v1.0.2

1 Like

Thank you so much!
One issue, the humidity values are a bit high. :slightly_smiling_face:
Looking at the connector.py you’re calculating with the values from the kml data, which are Kelvin. There needs to be °C for the calculation, so T - 273.15 and TD - 273.15.

1 Like

Good to know, this is included in the next release.

I am currently working on an additional sensor with more detailed weather data.

1 Like

rad1h in kJ/m2 is fine!

@VDRainer The card you’re using looks great. I’m desperately trying to get the precipitation running again with the standard weather card. But either i’m too stupid or…
What card are you using and how do you get the precipitation forecast values in there?

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

That’s Bram’s weather-card

I just released version v1.1.0 which adds all available information from DWD as sensors.

They are disabled by default, but you can activate them like this:
In HA UI under “Configuration” -> “Entities” -> click on the filter icon on the right -> Check “Show diabled entities” -> Check the ones you like to enable -> Click “ENABLE SELECTED” at the top -> Confirm the next dialog

2 Likes

Hi,
I installed your integration from HACS, restarted HA, but it doesn’t show up in the integrations list. There are no errors in the log that I can see. Maybe an issue with HA 0.114?
EDIT:
Nevermind, I had to refresh the browser window. Now it all works. :+1:

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Great work, never actually used Hass for weather because most weather data was not accurate enough. This is spot on for me. Superb @FL550
Integrated DWD weather warnings as markdown card, an iframe for rain and this component and Im almost ready to get rid off my weather app.
Still @VDRainer I cant see the precipitation like in your pic. How did you do that?
For the last update - I activated the sensors and they show as “ok” for me, no values.

Just installed the weather-card via HACS and added it to lovelace.

- type: custom:weather-card
        entity: weather.dwd_your_station_name
        current: true

That’s all. No need for the sensors.