Device has no entities

Hello!
I recently bought kind of a weather station called “ZX-7178” which acts as a tuya device. A thermometer which measures the water temperature of my pool connects to this station. In the tuya-app (and also in the SmartHome-app) it shows severals sensors, especially air and water temperature.

I can add the device to home-assistant via smarthome-plugin, but HA tells me that this device has no entities. Any ideas how I can get these two temperatures in HA?

Hello,
yes, same device, same problem. Does anyone have a solution?
Best regards

I solved it. Switched from “Smartlife” to “localtuya” integration. When you add the device, you get entities for all temperature sensors. localtuya is a bit of pain in the a… to configure, when you do it for the first time, but after a while, you understand the logics of adding and editing a device with several entities.

Sensors give temperature in Fahrenheit, although device was set to Celsius. Had to made a template to convert. But now it works!

1 Like

Hello,
great, that worked for me too.
Can you please describe to me in more detail how you did the conversion to Celsius?
My thermometer shows me values ​​around 600, can someone tell me what kind of unit that should be?
Unbenannt

Thank you.
Best regards
Moppel

First you have to reconfigure the original sensor in localtuya (“Edit a device”) and put in a scaling factor of 0.1 to get for example not 631 but 63.1 - this is the sensor value in Fahrenheit.

Then, let´s say the original sensor value from the ZX-7178 for external temperature is called

sensor.aussentemperatur

Now you have to connect to your HA via ssh, change to directory “config” and fire up your favourite linux cli text editor. Create an new file named “template.yaml”. Within this file, you create two new sensors which get their values from doing the conversion of the Fahrenheit values of the original sensors:

- sensor:
  - name: "aussentemperaturcelsius"
    unique_id: "aussentemperatur_celsius"
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"
    device_class: "temperature"
    state_class: "measurement"
    state: "{{ ((states('sensor.aussentemperatur') | float) - 32) / 1.8 }}

Mind the typing. This is YAML so it is extremely pitty with spaces and/or intentions.

Restart HA. Then you have a new sensor called

sensor.aussentemperaturcelsius

You can use it in your dashboard instead of the original sensor, for example, my card looks like this:

BTW, the temperature station is extremely buggy. I first also tried to use it for monitoring water temperature of my swimming pool, but thermometer always lost connection to the station after a few minutes. Now I only use the sensors for external temperature and huminity. Last one is shown in %, so you don’t have to convert anything.