Device not connected to local push notifications

One of my automations stopped working due to an error: “Device not connected to local push notifications”. I’ve looked at some of the posts here for the same error, but despite trying several things, I can’t get rid of this error.

For context, I’ve got two iPhone 15 Pro Max devices with the app. Both are getting notifications just fine. Other automations with notifications also work fine.

I tried sending a notification (‘notify.notify’) via the dev tools and it gives me this same errror.

Hi Carlo,

There is not much information to go on there, friend. You have tolds us several things specifically that work, and one (Device and/or Integration) gives that error.

The best any of us can answer to that is something is wrong with the Device and/or Integration that is unnamed when you try to notify it or it tries to notify something else.

The FAQ may be able to help you formulate a better question . Please help us help you.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-help-us-help-you-or-how-to-ask-a-good-question.

Yes, it is very confusing to me as well because it’s giving me an error for something that seemingly working (all my devices are getting notified) YET, the automation stops because of that error. Even with the debug tool, the devices get the notifications BUT the tool give the same error as if it failed.

In short, HA is not telling me clearly what is wrong. I’ve at least pinpointed it to ‘notify.notify’ BUT it doesn’t make sense. Why am I getting an error for something that’s clearly working?

I had this for a looooong time, but after playing around with my settings in the companion apps (on different phones), it didn’t appear again. Unfortunately, I have no idea what exactly the reason was.

It has something to do with the combination of internal url, external url, the home wifi and the settings for notifications.

Would you mind sharing, what you have set there?

I’ve found the reason.

I was trying out this Windows app (GitHub - GamerClassN7/HA_Desktop_Companion: App which is using native HA Api to comunicate and report data to HA) and whenever it’s not running or the PC is off, I get the error.