Device shows energy use, but how to implement in HA energy panel?

Hello,

I make use of a Panasonic Airco (Pansonic climate control via Hacs) I can see the current and daily use of energy. However i have no idea how i can use this to monitor the energy use in the HA energy panel.

Screens:
pana

Is it possible to get the airco use in here?

Requirements for sensors to show up in Energy is that they are measuring kWh and that they have a state_class: total_increasing

Is it possible to make a sensor somehow from the "Current power’ or “daily energy” that will work in Energy?

The daily energy sensor may need the state class added.

Check the attributes of the energy sensor in Developer Tools / States.

It it does not have a state class, open an issue with whoever developed the custom integration you are using.

Until they fix it, you can use Customize to add a state class, but this is not the prefered method.

1 Like

Is this what you meen?

It shows kWh als unit of measurement.

Yes. It does not have a state_class. So you need to ask the developer to add one. Until then you can use customize to add it to your energy sensor.

But as I said, this is not the preferred method. It is much preferred if the developer adds the attribute to their integration.

Which integration are you using?

I am using:

Panasonic Comfort Cloud - Share your Projects! / Custom Components - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

I am very new with all this, so make my own customize its maybe to difficulty now, never done it yet.

It looks like someone has already requested the integration be updated for the energy dashboard:

1 Like

So now just wait of he will update the integration :slight_smile:

Do you maybe also know if “Home Connect” has the option to integrate in HA Energy?
The induction plate shows the used energy at end of the cook process, but nothing to see in HA

Original Home Connect integration

No idea. I don’t use it. As I said before:

@tom_l

Can i change the “last reset” time?
with both gas and energy it’s daily is 22.00 and nog 23:59 or 00:00
Can i set this somehow?

last reset

Hourly is also wrong

The time is in UTC. If you are in the UTC+2 timezone then it is not “wrong”.

Oh oke, indeed utc+2

But i saw a difference in gas usage in HA energy and hourly/daily gas usage from the same sensor.

sensor:

gash

Energy:

So i don’t know where or what goes wrong.
I thougt i found it because of time difference, but thats not the case then.

---
###### DSMR METER READINGS ######
hourly_energy_offpeak:
  source: sensor.energy_consumption_tarif_1
  cycle: hourly
hourly_energy_peak:
  source: sensor.energy_consumption_tarif_2
hourly_gas:
  source: sensor.gas_consumption

daily_energy_offpeak:
  cycle: daily
daily_energy_peak:
daily_gas:

weekly_energy_offpeak:
  cycle: weekly
weekly_energy_peak:
weekly_gas:

monthly_energy_offpeak:
  cycle: monthly
monthly_energy_peak:
monthly_gas:

yearly_energy_offpeak:
  cycle: yearly
yearly_energy_peak:
yearly_gas:

Report this as a new issue to the developer of the custom integration.

I have just set up my Induction Hob on Home Connect and integrated that into HA solely for the purpose of finding out the energy used. Externally measuring the electrical energy supplied to the hob is difficult because of the low power factor (it is an inductive load!) and undesirable because it is a very high load. I want to capture and integrate the values displayed as kWh on the device at the end of a cooking event but that doesn’t feature in HA or in the app. I haven’t tried to find if it is being sent from the hob to Home Connect yet. If not it may be possible to get some kind of calculated value from the power level and the power switch duration.

“If not it may be possible to get some kind of calculated value from the power level and the power switch duration.”

Is this even possible when the cookplate is all different with amount of pits and power?

I mail to developers of home connect but had no respond

You’re right. Back to the drawing board. I will try writing to the developers too.
“What is the process for suggesting/requesting extensions to the home Connect API? I am specifically interested in getting the energy consumption data that is used to create the kWh displayed locally on the hob made available in the API. Given the very high power requirements for induction hobs, this information is important to consumers who have Battery power systems installed and want to manage demand. This would be a logical extension to the functions that allow devices to be switched on when Solar PV is available.”

1 Like