Panasonic Comfort Cloud

Panasonic Comfort Cloud

GitHub Release hacs_badge

The Panasonic Comfort Cloud components let’s you control and monitor your Panasonic Comfort Cloud devices.

Installation:

Can be done in two ways:
Using HACS by going to Integrations and searching for Panasonic Comfort Cloud.
Or the manual way by downloading it from my GitHub Repository.

Once installed the integration needs to be activated from the Home Assistant Configuration - Integrations page by clicking the + in the bottom right and searching for Panasonic Comfort Cloud.

For more information visit my GitHub Repository.

Features:

• Climate component for Panasonic airconditioners and heatpumps
  • Sensors for inside and outside temperature (where available)
  • Switch for toggling Nanoe
  • Daily energy sensor (Optional feature activated from the Options dialog)
  • Current Power sensor (Calculated from energy reading)

Preview:

Example entities

Support Development

11 Likes

Dear

I’m new on this and trying to run Confort Cloud, for now its good but I miss an entity to toggle between preset mode - eco, boost, none.

How can I do it?

Thanks in advanced fo the excelent integration.

Hi,
I would recommend you to use a thermostat card instead of the entity.
I personally use the Simple Thermostat card https://github.com/nervetattoo/simple-thermostat its available through HACS.

1 Like

Dear,

That’s awesome, thanks

Nevertheless if I want to create some automation to control the preset, I can’t go with the card, I would need the entity. Is this correct?

If yes, is it possible to create it? and how?

Thanks again for your answer and support.

Regards

Of course, you can make automations that changes the preset by calling climate.set_preset_mode with something like
entity_id: climate.kitchen
preset_mode: eco

But you can also use a blueprint to make it easier https://community.home-assistant.io/c/blueprints-exchange

1 Like

hello, once again thanks for the support.

this weekend I’m trying to upgrade and activated YAML mode for lovelace, and now, the simple thermostat doesn’t work.

“custom element doesn’t exist”

Do you know why?

thanks again

regards

hello, done. I’ve discovered that was needed to add ressources in configuration.ymal :slight_smile:

I want to thank you for this awesome Integration! I’m glad we have such an active userbase making all this possible! Could you provide me how this works behind the scenes? Is this a cloud based integration? Or will this work when ha is offline? Thanks for the info

Hi @sygys, glad you like it :slight_smile:
The integration is using the Panasonic comfort cloud API, so it’s going via the cloud (so it will not work offline).
Unfortunately, I haven’t found a way to access it directly.

1 Like

EDIT: This has been solved. I had to move my VM on which the HA OS runs to a bridged network connection, moving it to the same subnet as my host PC.
I’m leaving this here, in case others run into the same issue.

Hi,

I’ve recently started using HA, in order to be able to automate my Panasonic air-air heat pumps. For that I am trying to use this component. It is however not showing up under integrations I can add to HA, after have restarted the HA server.
I do however get a warning in my log, which I thought you would like to know about:

Logger: homeassistant.loader
Source: loader.py:802
First occurred: 2:59:41 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:59:41 PM

No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'panasonic_cc'. This will not be allowed in a future version of Home Assistant. Please report this to the maintainer of 'panasonic_cc'.

I doubt that the above warning is the reason behind the component not showing up as an integration, despite HACS seemingly having installed it correctly.

Is there any guidance you can provide, in order to get the component to show up as an integration, so I can start using it?

Regards,
EmjayHA

Hi @EmjayHA glad to hear you got it working!

The warning is new for HA 2021.3 I will release a new version to address this issue.

Hello,
today I realized that my entities are no longer recognized, with the following error, you can help me to solve it, thanks

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: custom_components/panasonic_cc/panasonic.py:346
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:57:22 (17 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:59:53

• [2925520280] Invalid response, status code: 500 - Data: {“message”:“Adapter Communication error”,“code”:5005}
  • [2824221696] Invalid response, status code: 500 - Data: {“message”:“Adapter Communication error”,“code”:5005}

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/config/custom_components/panasonic_cc/panasonic.py”, line 21, in wrapper_call func(*args, **kwargs) File “/config/custom_components/panasonic_cc/panasonic.py”, line 346, in set_device self._api.set_device( File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py”, line 389, in set_device raise ResponseError(response.status_code, response.text) pcomfortcloud.session.ResponseError: Invalid response, status code: 500 - Data: {“message”:“Adapter Communication error”,“code”:5005} During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 141, in handle_call_service await hass.services.async_call( File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1488, in async_call task.result() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1523, in _execute_service await handler.job.target(service_call) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 204, in handle_service await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call( File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 642, in entity_service_call future.result() # pop exception if have File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 681, in async_request_call await coro File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 679, in _handle_entity_call await result File “/config/custom_components/panasonic_cc/climate.py”, line 126, in async_set_hvac_mode await self._api.turn_off() File “/config/custom_components/panasonic_cc/panasonic.py”, line 227, in turn_off await self.hass.async_add_executor_job( File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File “/config/custom_components/panasonic_cc/panasonic.py”, line 24, in wrapper_call func(*args, **kwargs) File “/config/custom_components/panasonic_cc/panasonic.py”, line 346, in set_device self._api.set_device( File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py”, line 389, in set_device raise ResponseError(response.status_code, response.text) pcomfortcloud.session.ResponseError: Invalid response, status code: 500 - Data: {“message”:“Adapter Communication error”,“code”:5005}

I have the same error, any ideas?
Have you been able to solve it?

Error setting up entry for panasonic_cc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 293, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/config/custom_components/panasonic_cc/init.py”, line 79, in async_setup_entry
devices = await hass.async_add_executor_job(api.get_devices)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py”, line 172, in get_devices
self.login()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py”, line 99, in login
self._create_token()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py”, line 132, in _create_token
raise ResponseError(response.status_code, response.text)
pcomfortcloud.session.ResponseError: Invalid response, status code: 403 - Data:

403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden

Failed to Login · Issue #68 · codyc1515/homebridge-panasonic-air-conditioner (github.com)

Panasonic is blocking everything not being App

1 Like

It’s solved in v1.0.30

2 Likes

Hi, I am unable to find this integration for some reason. How can I add it to my HA ?
Sorry, if it obvious.

Thank you for this great integration, working flawlessly with my Panasonic air conditioner.

I am trying to do something similar for Panasonic ceiling fan as well, which is using different app entirely, but probably something similar with Comfort Cloud, considering it is using the same Panasonic account login. This is my first time trying to create an integration, could you tell me how did you reverse engineer the API out of this closed system? Did you just sniff the network packet from the app using Wireshark, or is there an easier way? What is the format of the API?

Thanks for the info, cheers!

Using SSH instructions on Github, I was able to get the code downloaded, restarted HA, and when I search to add Panasonic Cloud Comfort in Integration, nothing comes up.

Yet my SSH shows the files were downloaded and installed without issues.

Can anyone advise, how can I find it in Integrations please? Thanks in advance.

try another browser. there is a strange cache problem in which when home assistant is loaded some changes cant be seen. I had the same problem. I opened HA in another browser and that did the trick. You can also clear the cache in the settings of your browser but that didnt help in my case

2 Likes

Again there are problems with the ac. It’s not reacting so I guess again something has changed on the Panasonic server side. Hmm Panasonic app isn’t working either. It’s giving the error I ternal server error. We really really need a local solution I’m getting fed up with this cloud based garbage