Device Tracker does not update

Do you mean the logs from the Locations or the general logs?

Settings > Companion App > Troubleshooting > Show and share logs

Deleted

Here is the log

i cant read that, can you please copy and paste into pastebin or something similar so i can read it please?

1 Like

Deleted
Here does that work

sorta, lots of text is missing here about the error, its cut off. Take a look at the URL in the log, does it look correct to you?

Yes the URL looks right, I think if the URL wasn’t correct I wouldn’t be able to access the rest of HA, right?
Ahh yes now I see it too, my phone probably didn’t copy everything, I’ll upload it again from the PC

Here is the new paste, this should be complete: homeassistant_companion_log_9-20-2023_20-24-26.txt--------- beginning of main - Pastebin.com

you said you are using Nabu casa for remote access correct? Can you double check the app connection settings? It does not appear to be trying the NC URL at all.

10-20 20:17:43.176 11286 11344 E LocBroadcastReceiver: io.homeassistant.companion.android.common.data.integration.IntegrationException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: failed to connect to /x.x.x.x (port 8123) from /x.x.x.x (port 45642) after 10000ms

Yes i use Nabu Casa, the switch for the HomeAssitant URL is on, also i can do everything else on my home assistant from remote

So the issue is that API calls are failing but the webview lets you in. If you turn the Home Assistant URL switch off does it show you an old URL by chance?

That’s it, I was probably lost at the time and entered the locale IP, and because everything else worked, I didn’t worry about it, thank you very much

But I’d rather delete the logs, I also think it would be really good if you could replace the IP addresses with “IP address” in your comment.

ok i masked them

1 Like

Youre the best, I really appreciate the help

1 Like