Device tracker errors

Since approx. 2 weeks, I’m having lots of errors regarding my device_tracker.

I’m using the ASUSWRT component for almost 2 years now without any problems until now. Suddenly my devices keep reconnecting and my logfile is flooding with the following error:

2018-10-27 22:19:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Updating device list from asuswrt took longer than the scheduled scan interval 0:00:10

After switching to NMAP i’m having the exact same problem:

2018-10-29 20:36:01 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Updating device list from nmap_tracker took longer than the scheduled scan interval 0:00:10 

I restarted my router ASUS RT-AC66U multiple times and didn’t update the firmware lately. I don’t notice any other connection issues.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue?

I’m currently on 0.81.1.

Also, my uptime monitor is showing lots of (false?) disconnects although i’m never havingv problems connecting from outside:

Overall uptime is getting really poor!

Hey Bob,

I’m experiencing similar issues as well. It looks like the developers are aware of it and hoping to fix it soon:

Also, just a heads up that the asuswrt component will change from a device tracker platform to a stand alone component: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/18281#issuecomment-441494086