Devices goes offline after switch from Conbee/deCONZ to CC2652P/Zigbee2MQTT

HomeAssistant: 2023.10.3
Zigbee2MQTT: 1.33.1
Coordinator: Sonoff CC2652P, firmware 20230507

Sorry of the long post, bear with me.

I’ve been using Conbee 1 and deCONZ for years and it’s been more or less stable. The mains powered devices were always accessible, it was probably a year since I had a mains powered device go randomly offline. I only had issues with a couple of Aqara sensors (WSDCGQ11LM) that frequently went missing. But I wanted to try out Zigbee2MQTT, it looked easier with all the configuration accessible in the browser and from what I read it would also be more stable.

So I switched to a Sonoff CC2652P dongle and Zigbee2MQTT. But the result is far from great after I moved the entire network to the new coordinator and been using it for 5 days.

A coupe of lights frequently report ping issues. Two Develco SPLZB-131 smart plugs that I’ve never had issues with continuously go offline and doesn’t come back unless I power-cycle them or reset/rejoin them to the network. And then my 8 Aqara sensors (WSDCGQ11LM), instead of having 1 go offline every two weeks I now have 3-4 of them offline daily that I need to reset. As soon as I stress the network by adding a device or do an OTA something goes offline.

With Conbee and deCONZ:

• The Conbee USB dongle is connected using an extension cable to reduce interference.
  • Zigbee channel 25
  • 60 devices, 44 powered acting as routers and 16 battery powered endpoints.
  • Everything else: factory settings.

With CC2652P and Zigbee2MQTT:

• Conbee and deCONZ is not running in parallell.
  • The CC2652P USB dongle is connected using the same extension cable that I used for the Conbee dongle.
  • Zigbee channel 25.
  • 60 devices, 44 powered acting as routers and 16 endpoints. Location of all the Zigbee devices and the coordinator is exactly the same as before.
  • Tried both high (20dbm) and low (5dbm) transmit power. Right now I’m using 5dbm.
  • Availability timeout set to 3 minutes for mains powered devices, 1500 minutes for passive devices.
  • Adjusted the WiFi channels. WiFi access points are now using channel 1 and 6 (instead of 1/6/13) to not overlap with Zigbee 25 even if this didn’t create any problems with Conbee/deCONZ.

Anyone had similar issues where it resolved itself after a while by just letting the network to stabilize itself. Or is there anything else I could change or adjust?

I’ve read that some devices (Develco SPLZB-13) only scan Zigbee channels 1-24. So I’m wonder if changing the channel to 20 or 24 could help, even if all devices are successfully joining the network on channel 25.