Devices showing offline in Google Home, but still work via Google Assistant

I’m having an issue where my devices show up in Google Home, but are appearing offline. They continue to work via Google Assistant voice commands, though, so Google seems to be communicating with Home Assistant. I am running it as a virtual appliance on my own network, everything is updated, and I have recreated the Google Actions project from scratch. This issue started sometime in October, and I can’t think of any change I have made since then (until I started troubleshooting today).

The frustrating thing is that the devices show online when I allow a simple port forward directly to the Home Assistant VM, but this is not my preference for security reasons. I have tried using a Cloudflare tunnel as well as reverse proxy, and neither work. However, with both setups, I’m able to navigate to all the URLs provided to the Google project (and of course my Home Assistant URL). When looking at the logs of the project, I’m fairly certain the issue lies in the STATE_QUERY actions:

{
  "insertId": "1wxxxxxo4",
  "jsonPayload": {
    "locale": "en-US",
    "executionLog": {
      "executionResults": [
        {
          "requestId": "16xxxxx50",
          "executionType": "PARTNER_CLOUD",
          "actionResults": [
            {
              "status": {
                "statusType": "EXECUTION_BACKEND_FAILURE_URL_ERROR",
                "externalDebugString": "Error querying agent backend. State: URL_ERROR, reason: ERROR_OTHER",
                "isSuccess": false
              },
              "action": {
                "actionType": "STATE_QUERY"
              },
              "device": {
                "deviceType": "BLINDS"
              }
            }

But I’ve searched those error messages and found nothing helpful, and again, am able to reach the URLs just fine manually. I haven’t been able to find any information or notices regarding this decrease in functionality. Any ideas?

Did you resolve the issue? I have the same issue. I don’t use GoDaddy. But I have HA OVA template deployed. Voice commands works fine. I also have the error in de logging

{

insertId: "1******eq"

logName: "projects/******/logs/actions.googleapis.com%2Factions"

receiveTimestamp: "2022-12-28T08:38:57.350163606Z"

resource: {2}

severity: "ERROR"

textPayload: "requestId 1******* failed with code: BACKEND_FAILURE_URL_TIMEOUT"

timestamp: "2022-12-28T08:38:57.338626542Z"

}

Finally resolved the issue. My Pfense/PFBlockerNG did block 66.249.81.0/24.