Devices unavailable if offline during a HASS reboot

Hi - some behaviour I am observing is confusing me somewhat. I am hoping you awesome people can confirm whether this is expected behaviour, and hopefully suggest a fix :slight_smile:

If my HASS docker restarts while some devices (entities) are unavailable via WiFI, then those entities will not show in the HASS entities list. It will stay this way, until I ensure those devices are powered on and connecting to WiFi before rebooting HA.

It is mainly media_player entities that I have observed so far - two Panasonic TVs, Pioneer and Onkyo AVRs, and two chromecasts. The docker restart (with these devices powered back up) always reinstates them again.

The reason I am trialling powering them down (via automation), as I was hoping to save power on keeping so many devices on standby while we were not home/away/at work/asleep - but this unwanted behaviour threatens to kibosh these plans entirely. I had intended to power these devices down for at least 3/4 of the time - so trying to reliably schedule everything to be powered up for updates/upgrades/reboots/issues etc is unrealistic.

Is there a way to ensure these items remain in HA, despite being unavailable at time of HA boot?

Thanks!
Matt

Are you relying on discovery for these entities or are they manually configured?

I should have mentioned that - the panasonics, pioneer, and onkyo are coded into the configuration.yaml, but yes the casts were discovered originally.

Sorry to bump this - but it is still annoying me.

Is there any way to force a device to remain, if it is temporarily ofline during a HASS reboot?

Cheers!

Did you ever find an answer for this? I have a Roku TV configured manually in configuration.yaml. That TV has to be on when I reboot HA.

After I reboot HA making sure the TV is fully on, I can power the TV back off and it responds to commands (such as power on) from HA. It’s just a problem upon HA reboot.

Not that I am aware. I gave up on keeping devices switched off while I was away.