I am trying to setup device tracking via Owntracks on iOS including iBeacons. I could set it up but it is yet not fully working as expected.
What I have done so far:
- Created a zone in zones.yaml called home in HassOS 4.16, radius 30 meters
- included zones.yaml in my config.yaml
- assigned device_tracker ID from Owntracks to persons
- set owntracks waypoints to false in config.yaml
- created a region called -home
- added UUID of my iBeacons to the region
- circular region -1 which sends location updates to HASS
- location updates via webhook (not MQTT)
what is working so far
- Owntracks sees the iBeacons
- Owntracks recognizes entry/leaves of region
- HASS recognizes location of the device_trackers
what is not working
If I leave my home Owntracks recognizes it, but HASS doesnt seem to update reliably. sometimes it gets the location update, sometimes I am still at home, but I left the home region and Owntracks confirms that in the history.
As of my understanding HASS should consider me as not_home as soon as Owntracks sends the update that I left the region, right? The region in HASS has a radius of 30 meters, the region in Owntracks less.
Am I doing something wrong or do I have to change some settings? I spent hours to find a solution, but now I am stuck at this point. Hopefully my post can help other people having the same problem/issue.
Many thanks for your help
Kind regards from snowy Switzerland