Dexcom integration failed today

The update worked for me as well. Thanks for fixing this so quickly @gagebenne. This integration makes a significant difference in my family’s life.

2 Likes

Are you seeing the correct values in your sensors? I simply ran the script and printed bg.value to see if it’s working. My sensors still show as unavailable. Confirm that pydexcon is 0.2.1 now.

You’d need to replicate the changes included in the PR that I linked above.

For the details, here’s why simply installing pydexcom 0.2.1 wont just work in HA Core: Bump pydexcom version to 0.2.1 by gagebenne · Pull Request #60812 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I’m just planning on waiting for the next prod release of HA Core which I’m betting is soon for their December release.

You could also run the latest dev build of HA Core with the fixes.

1 Like

missing x in Dexcom ?

pip3 install pydexcom==0.2.1

Yes there was a “c” instead of “x”. He edited his original post now. It is “pydexcom”.

1 Like

This started impacting us in the US today. Thank you so much for having the fix already, works like a charm!

2 Likes

Confirmed the fix is working on my HA instance in the US.

• ssh
  • sudo docker exec -it $(docker ps -f name=homeassistant -q) bash
  • pip3 install pydexcom==0.2.1
  • edited the versions in the various files (referenced in a previous post: Bump pydexcom version to 0.2.1…)
2 Likes

If anyone needs to deploy the quick fix before the 2021.12 release drops on 12/11/21 and is using a supervised/hassos standup, here are some helpful tips.

• Use the login command in the hassos vm to pop a root shell.
  • Then use docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash to pop into the core container
  • Then run pip3 install pydexcom==0.2.1
  • Edit the following files in the components folder: Bump pydexcom version to 0.2.1 by gagebenne · Pull Request #60812 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
  • My components folder was in /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components
  • Use this command to find the directory if the components folder is not in the above location: find / -name “manifest.json” | grep dexcom
2 Likes

Thank you for this!

I was struggling with how and where, using the hassos managed.

Q: what u&p are used for the login command?

The December release is out! The Dexcom integration is back to working!

Great work everyone!

1 Like

Is there something i need to do to get it back working?

I just re-enabled the integration and it worked perfect. I had also been testing out the latest version of pydexcom with no problems.

Just update to 2021-12 or higher and it gets fixed. It just started working immediately after the reboot.

It appears that Dexcom is offline for me again today. Anyone else? Different error though:

Logger: pydexcom
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydexcom/init.py:121
First occurred: 9:02:01 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:02:01 AM

Session ID null

Edit: Maybe it was just me. Removing and re-adding the integration fixed it.

There were some authentication changes with the endpoints, I should have a fix for pydexcom later today, and a Home Assistant version bump promptly.

1 Like

Okay, it’s fixed. Feel free to manually change pydexcom to 0.2.2 in your Home Assistant to get things back up, otherwise follow the PR here:

Am i the only person who gets false numbers and state?
I feel like there’s a a delay between the dexcom and the HA that wasn’t there before.
It’s like there’s an added delay now.

Mine has been perfect since the pydexcom update.