DHT device on Raspberry GPIO - Not detected? error in logs

I was hoping for an easy time getting my system set up. Encountered countless formatting errors with yaml’s and such. Just when Ithink i’m getting somwhere.

There are these errors in my logs. DHT device on pin 7

2019-05-14 15:15:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.config_validation] Your configuration contains extra keys that the platform does not support.
Please remove [command_topic].
2019-05-14 15:15:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Data in your config entry is going to override your configuration.yaml: {'broker': '127.0.0.1', 'discovery': True, 'password': 'h@ssiomqtt!', 'port': 1883, 'username': 'hassio'}
2019-05-14 15:15:56 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.config_validation] Your configuration contains extra keys that the platform does not support.
Please remove [command_topic].  (See /config/sensor.yaml, line 40).
2019-05-14 15:15:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] dht: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 261, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 377, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/dht/sensor.py", line 114, in update
    self.dht_client.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 224, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/dht/sensor.py", line 149, in update
    self.sensor, self.pin)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 94, in read_retry
    humidity, temperature = read(sensor, pin, platform)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 80, in read
    platform = get_platform()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 63, in get_platform
    raise RuntimeError('Unknown platform.')
RuntimeError: Unknown platform.
2019-05-14 15:15:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] dht: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 261, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 377, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/dht/sensor.py", line 114, in update
    self.dht_client.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 224, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/dht/sensor.py", line 149, in update
    self.sensor, self.pin)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 94, in read_retry
    humidity, temperature = read(sensor, pin, platform)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 80, in read
    platform = get_platform()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 63, in get_platform
    raise RuntimeError('Unknown platform.')
RuntimeError: Unknown platform.

No idea if i’m running into this bug/error ? I’d like to be able to read the DHT and have it listed in my dashboard

Here is the config and components

Here is my config.
Hardware:
Raspberry Pi 3B+
Version: 0.92.2
python_version: 3.7.3

From sensor.yaml

platform: dht
    sensor: DHT11
    name: AM2302 Rasp
    pin: 4
    monitored_conditions:
        temperature
        humidity

(The sensor says AM2302 on it, I have tried DHT11, DHT22, AM2302)

As the points about asking a good question

1. Yes, I’ve search and found links (mentioned above) but I’m not a developer so not sure whether the fix is being incorporated or merged or what that all means. So asking if my issue is the same

2. I’ve done many searches, including research on github which is outside of my current technical understandings - Again, link above

3. Similar topics - But not the same sensor version

4. The DHT i’m looking for is listed in the documentation BUT again, as listed above doesn’t seem to work with the raspbeery Pi 3B+
    https://www.home-assistant.io/components/dht/
    5). Category is Configuration. This is a configuration question as I’m not able to configure the sensor to work correctly.

5. Both the tags of RASPBERRY and DHT don’t exist and are the most relevant.

6. Title is very descriptive of the issue.

7. Goal states as wanting to have DHT information from Raspbeery into the HassIO dashboard.

8. Work is shown by having the config post and debug outputs.

9. Installed Home Assistant on Raspbeery pi, via Micro SD card

10. Formatting appears correct as configuration validate by Hassio

11. Only change the inclusion of Sensor, added the pins per internet found schematics.

12. Logs – Above

13. Screenshots - N/A

14. Yes, I’ve read about this issue

15. Nobody TAG’d.

It’s hard to help when you give us so little information.

System type and hardware platform?

Configuration code for your sensor?

Thanks Tom. I should have included my parts. I guess I was just wondering if others had it working or if it’s a system issue…

Here is my config.
Hardware:
Raspberry Pi 3B+
Version: 0.92.2
python_version: 3.7.3

From sensor.yaml

• platform: dht
    sensor: DHT11
    name: AM2302 Rasp
    pin: 4
    monitored_conditions:
    • temperature
    • humidity

(The sensor says AM2302 on it, I have tried DHT11, DHT22, AM2302)

The errors in the CLI all show the same regardless of which device I add into the config.

Thanks Tom.

Have a read of step 11 in the link I posted and edit your posted config accordingly.

Have went through the proper ettiquette of requesting assistance and have modified the original request.

Thanks