Diagnose Unreliable Zigbee Switch ZHA

My Zigbee network has been pretty reliable, except for one smart switch.

The system: Latest HA on Raspberry Pi 3B+ with HUSBZB-1 USB Zigbee Coordinator running straight ZHA.

The problem switch: SONOFF 01MINIZB mains-powered mini

This is the last device I added, way out at the back of the barn. There’s another eWeLink smart plug within a few feet of it, and both of those are about 24’ away from another eWeLink smart plug, which is about 30’ from an IKEA Tradfri smart plug, which in turn is about 25’ from the HUSBZB coordinator.

The visualization shows all kinds of connections between all these devices, but there is one “red” line. The rest are green or grey.

The symptom is I can reliably turn the switch on, but sometimes it won’t go off.

I have no clue where to begin troubleshooting this. Any suggestions?

Can you post a picture of your map? I’m having a similar issue. Maybe we can help each other.

This problem has since gone away for me. The devices are supposed to eventually figure out the best mesh configuration among themselves. Apparently mine did.

My assumption was it just took time to get it right. I had two mains-powered devices (routers) very close to each other, then a bit of a gap to the next router, then a longer gap to the controller, but with other devices in between.

Another possibility is that the channel the controller selected was too close to the channel my WiFi router, or one of my neighbors’ routers, was using. I’ve noticed that those channels all change when there’s a power failure and everyone’s router reboots. So that could have been the fix. There are a number of threads here about changing the Zigbee channel, but I haven’t had to do that yet.

Sorry I can’t be more help.