Dialogflow intergration to google assistant

Please tell us how it went

I just started implementing this…and while I am not a big fan of IFTTT I must say, it is easy to set up and it works great!

At this moment I used the Glitch Server option to give it a try, but I think I will move to my own private webserver.

Note, if you set it up in IFTT with a phrase like “Ask Kodi to play movie $” your google home might pick it up as “Ask Cody to play movie $”

Now the question is offcourse: “how to fork this inside home assistant”

I tried making a small python_script but the hass object doesn’t seem to be able to listen for events. So the script that ifttt calls would have to fire a kodi event that has all the needed information so the python script can fuzzy match and get latest episode. I might try scripting it next weekend

I am trying to get myself familiar with scripting in home assistant.
will try to make a small Hello World script or something this afternoon.

I have the impression that there is not so may information available on this, or I completely overlook it.

Well theres the python_script component and appdaemon. If possible I would like to keep it simple and use the component, but that might not be possible.

I tried to get the python_script working, but so far no luck :frowning:

ok, I got the script part working and IFTTT set up.
Also made a test script with 2 variable parameters and got this working.

So … going in the correct direction.
Now its “just” getting familiar with python scripting.

I guess the first part would be calling the script with a list of all movies in kodi. I think this would probably be an automation that listens for an event.

I guess I will start small and just call a page like recently added movies or something.

This looks really promising. I will try getting this working tomorrow:

https://developers.google.com/actions/discovery/implicit

edit: just tried it, can’t get it to respond to anything other than ‘talk to’

I’m trying to find the best way to use my Google home to trigger automations and scripts from HA. Would this work best for that option? For example, I have a ‘Party mode’ automation that triggers a bunch of lights and plays music. I want to add voice commands to say ‘Hey Google, Turn on Party mode’

No, I would use the google_assistant component. Then create a script called ‘party mode’

Did anyone have any luck bringing the GoogleHomeKodi into Home Assistant, it is a very powerful tool but would love to save myself running it all via IFTTT when i’ve got a local server I’d prefer to run it via.