Dialogflow intergration to google assistant

Hi I hope some one can help me with the final step.

I’m trying to setup Dialogflow to Google Assistant to control hass. But I’m finding the documentation a bit lacking.

I have successfully made a agent and made a intent which then talks to hass and getting a response back.

But I’m missing some documentation on the final step getting that agent to my google Assistant. Is that the same way as setting google Assistant up for hass or how do I do that???

It just worked for me, but I can only use ‘talk to [app-name]’. I would like to use other intents.

I actually got it working. But also only with “talk to …” and from there I can get hass to answer.

But I also want to remove that, and just use it directly.

It’s not possible by design. The only way Google can identify which app you want to use is app name. So each time you want to use your app you have to say “Hey Google, talk to [app name]”.

Smart devices is the only allowed for direct communication. But for this you need to use another component - Google assistant

Dammit that I fell is kinda stupid. It makes the hole process more tedious for just asking for the temperature.

I can make a ifttt that tts the temperature but that takes to long to respond.

There must be some other way.

If you have a google home you could setup a shortcut instead of IFTTT.

But would the shortcut repond with a temperature???

But unfortunately I don’t have access to shortcuts because I’m from Denmark and google have locked that function to USA.

Have you tried to switch your phone to English.
I’m not in US but have shortcuts.

Yes that was the only way I could pick default music service.

Where should I look for it? I think I have been all over the app

Menu → more settings → services → shortcuts

Does, your Google Home also responds with “Ok, this is the test version of …” after you asked to talk to your Diaglog Flow project? :frowning
I really hope to get rid of that…

@eddi89 yeah unfortunately I don’t get that and from what I can read it’s because It’s in Denmark.

@DieterClaeys yes mine also does that.

I think I will look into IFTTT

But wouldn’t shortcuts only work for one intent (welcome intent)? So I would have to create multiple agents for every command? What’s the point of the additional intent triggers in the google assistant integration of dialogflow?

As i can see, i can only see dialogflow being used, to make small apps and the likes (mad lips, quize), because you first have to tell that you want to talk to that specific app…

the ideal for a home automation, is the simple command that has a trigger…

But i don’t know how to have a simple trigger to get information from hass, in a quick way. The only way i have found out is using IFTTT to trigger a script which have some TTS. But the hole TTS is pretty slow, so the reponse time can be up to about 10-20 seconds…

I was playing with the idea to use DiaglogFlow to have my Home Assistant Control Kodi.

e.g.: Hey Google, Play Movie “Twelve Monkey’s” on living room tv.

I did run some test scripts and I was pretty sure it would be possible to get it working.
But the complete response of “Ok, here is the test version of …” is a dealbreaker for me.

So stepping away from DialogFlow for the moment and looking for alternatives.

How did you get the ‘hey google, play movie’ part without a trigger phrase like ‘talk to appname’?

well…it would be indeed… Hey Google Talk To … and then “Play Movie …”
but the complete response "Ok, here is the test version of … " is a dealbreaker for me.

What happens if you send a tts from homeassistant. Maybe you could overwrite the response? Or set the volume to 0 for 2 seconds?

I found this on the internet:

I’ll try this over the weekend - its outside home assistant, but that’s fine for me.