DietPi, Docker and Hass.io

Thanks Brian, that’s about what I had guessed, so who knows (!) appreciate the reply, I’ll run it by them too.

On the flip side, what if I DON’T run network manager, preserve DietPi, what are the implications for Hassio? It’s claiming it’s missing and warning me, what could be impacted? Does anyone here know why it calls NetworkManager?

I run networkmanager on my 3 dietpi-hassio instances, never had a conflict.

1 Like

Ok, I think I manually installed AppArmor too, any risk?
I’m just concerned I may ‘damage’ the DietPi VM.

Good to know.

I think it is a check the installer needs to do as the network configuration mechanism will be different.

No should be fine.

I suppose I can always repair my install. With help from the diet pi folk if it does hose it.

Thank you guys.

P.s there’s a hassio dedicated VM available, is that a good option? Anyone used it?

I originally setup hassio using the VM on Windows Server Hyper-V. It’s nice and easy and works out well if you already have an always-on, high capacity server.

Problem is… when I went to move my USB Z-Wave stick I learned Hyper-V doesn’t natively support USB passthrough for non-Windows guest OSes. Surprise! There are workarounds but the good ones had a cost associated to them. If you need USB probably don’t use Windows Server as your bare metal host OS.

So here I am back with a Pine A64 2GB SBC. Is 2GB enough memory for docker and hassio?

A lot of people run Home Assistant on a RbPi 3 which has only 1 GB.

1 Like

Partly depends on how many add-ons you want.

My current goto setup is an old laptop, upgraded memory, with Proxmox. Single biggest advantage is that is has a builtin UPS.

1 Like

Pine64 2GB works perfectly fine.