Different applications in pushover

Is it possible to pass the API key to pushover in an automation?
I use several applications which I would like to address from HA to get messages.

Thanks and Regards
El Grande

I haven’t tried this, but I bet you can set up each application as a separate notify.

notify:
  - name: pushover one
    platform: pushover
    api_key: xxx
    user_key: xxx

- name: pushover two
    platform: pushover
    api_key: yyy
    user_key: yyy

Hi,

many thanks for the tip, exactly what I tried. Unfortunately without success.

I have same problem, it just use the first pushover platform :frowning:

Same here. Is it broken or are we doing something wrong?

I’m pretty sure that the current iteration of the Pushover platform allows only one API account. I took a look, and it does appear that it supports target (“device” in the Pushover API documentation).

You’d set the target (using the device names from your Pushover account under “your devices”) when you send a notification (rather than in the platform settings). Like:

- service: notify.pushover
      data:
        target: pixel

one API Account but different Applications & Plugins and different targets for each notification.
There ist still no option to change the API Token/Key in the notification.

Anyone ever find a way to make this work?

Curious about this, too. I wanted to have two seperate “Applications” for Home Assistant in my Pushover config: one to send routine, silent messages to (like doors opening and closing), and one for critical alerts (like burglar/fire alarms). This way, in the Pushover app, the routine stuff is easily seperated out from the critical stuff. But when I try setting it up as @ih8gates mentions, the alert bound for api_key ‘yyy’ just goes out to api_key ‘xxx’. Bummer.

Anyone ever get anywhere with this?

@dogcow I have the same requirement, one pushover app for general messaging and one for alarms.

I’m experiencing the same issue as everyone above.
HA seems to ignore multiple entries of Pushover in the configuration file and picks one at random and sticks with it until you reboot.
They all have different names and can be found in the Services tab. The API keys are correct, I double checked.

Fix, kinda: the Apprise notifcation module can send messages to Pushover. Just add the different configurations like you would with pushover.

I have the same problem and will look into it, if I can fix the integration…

I checked the component and it is ok. The problem is the underlying lib that is actually making the pushover calls. That lib seems to store the api-token globally, so using the same for all calls.
I contacted the project to see if it is still maintained and we can get a fix.

I made a pull request to fix this issue which is now approved. So it should be fixed in the future…

Does anyone know if this was resolved?

My change was merged in Feb 20, so it should already be included in home assistant.