Different behaviour of Ikea Motion Sensors when used with ZHA

I have recently migrated from using deCONZ to ZHA. Mostly as a learning experiment, but also I like the better integration of ZHA. However, I ran into an interesting issue with the Ikea Motion Sensors.

I used the sensors first with Ikea gateway. The sensors would turn on, and keep the light on for three minutes. The time would get extended if they detected motion while the light was on. Very little flexibility there. This is why I tried deCONZ first.

Once I linked the sensors to deCONZ (with Conbee II stick), I could see the behaviour of the sensor much better. It would trigger on motion for 60 sec (and no detection during that time), and then it would turn off. The default timeout for the lights that were bound to the sensor was 180 seconds, but could be changed in deCONZ.

When I changed to ZHA - using exactly the same sensors, and the same Conbee II stick - the behaviour is different. The sensor stays in the on state for 180 seconds, but allows for new motion detection during that time. However, these new detections are not fed back to HA, as there is no change in the sensor state.

Since I developed some automations that assume the sensor is on for shorter and can react to subsequent detections (what clearly is possible based on the experiences with deCONZ) - would it be possible to change this behaviour under ZHA? I found something called Manage Clusters and some of the attributes seem to be relevant, but I have no idea how to change them - or even where to find decent description of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

did you get any solution out of this, I only found solution to use ZIGBEE2MQTT.

So with deCONZ the cooldown period between detections was 60 seconds, but in ZHA its 180 ?

The bottom line is that each integration method has the potential to expose different behaviours depending on how its mapped the clusters and behaviours of the device.

is ZHA using a quirk to run those motion sensors ? Could this be modified ?

Or… something here might help ?

I have moved on since then to zigbee2mqtt - there the cool down period is actually configurable. It also seems that 60 sec is the lower limit offered by the hardware. Not sure why ZHA sets it to 180 (and does not allow to change it).