Different brand sensors (for ex. XIAOMI) for triggering Broadlink TC2 Switches

Hi everyone,
i am a new beginner for home automation. I have Xiaomi Mi Getaway, Aqara Hub, Xiaomi Sensors, Xiaomi Air Puffier H3, Xiaomi Vacuum Mop Pro, 4 x Yeelights,Broadlink RM4 Pro, 4x Broadlink TC2 Switces, Raspberry Pi3 B+ and NO PRACTICE in Home Assistant :frowning:

I will try to solve the YAML by watching Youtube videos and your helps. First of all I want to use SIRI for the automation. but I wonder that can I use different brand sensors (for ex. XIAOMI) for triggering Broadlink TC2 Switches etc. can I set sceneries like when my vacuum mop pro start turn of the climate by using RM4 Pro. This questions effects my way to my home automation. which way I have to go? need help. Thanx for your corporation

Sure you can - that’s largely the point of Home Assistant.

Before I say more on that though, there is documentation which will be far more useful than watching random videos :wink: It’s well worth putting aside a few hours to read through it so you understand what you’re working with.

Automations are what you’re looking for for the sensor part. For example, if you can detect that the mop starts working, you can use that to trigger an automation that turns off the climate. Then another automation to turn the climate on when the mop stops.

1 Like