Different entities for identical devices?

I bought two identical Steinel IS140-2 ZWave devices (mains powered PIR). Yet, both appear to have other “entities”. I thought at first they might not be completely the same, but I can’t really find any difference there:
The first one:
<Node id="9" name="" location="" basic="4" generic="7" specific="1" roletype="5" devicetype="3079" nodetype="0" type="Notification Sensor" listening="true" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" query_stage="Complete"> <Manufacturer id="271" name="Steinel"> <Product type="2" id="1a72" name="IS140-2" />

The second one:
<Node id="10" name="" location="" basic="4" generic="7" specific="1" roletype="5" devicetype="3079" nodetype="0" type="Notification Sensor" listening="true" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" query_stage="Complete"> <Manufacturer id="271" name="Steinel"> <Product type="2" id="1a72" name="IS140-2" />

Which looks pretty much the same device. Yet, “Command_Class_Alarm” seems to be filled differently for both. I didn’t add the differences in order not to make this mail too long.

What could be the cause of this and how can it be solved ?

Many thanks !

I think it might be a Z-Wave SDK bug. My door sensors do this as well. The device manual shows the actual notification types that are supported. You should at least see System (0x9) and Home Security (0x07) in both.

So there’s no way to fix, or have Hassio “rediscover” ?

If it actually is an SDK bug, then you would have to update firmware on the device which is a very unlikely possibility. At that point it has nothing to do with HA.

You didn’t post what all the extra values are, so hard to tell.

At worst, all you have to do is ignore them. The are not causing any problems. Just don’t use them.

I see for instance that “luminance” as entity is not occuring on one of the 2 devices. This indicates what the current capted luminance is.
Device 1:

• binary_sensor.steinel_is140_2_sensor
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_burglar
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_source_nodeid
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_system
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_alarm_level
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_alarm_level_3
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_alarm_type
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_alarm_type_3
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_burglar_2
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_luminance
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_source_nodeid_2
  • switch.steinel_is140_2_switch_2
  • switch.steinel_is140_2_switch_4

Device 2:

• binary_sensor.steinel_is140_2_sensor
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_alarm_level_2
  • sensor.steinel_is140_2_alarm_type_2
  • switch.steinel_is140_2_switch
  • switch.steinel_is140_2_switch_3

As you can see, each one has entities the other doesn’t…
It seems like neither is completely correct ?

Z-wave info: https://www.robbshop.nl/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/558/
Unfortunately I’m not skilled enough …

What can I do ? Nobody ?
I also tested this on another open source platform, the problem doesn’t occur there…

Have you been able to fix your issue?

I am currently testing the migration from openhab to HA and on OH I got luminance and was able to switch the internal Relais for the light, so it’s working there (some other reliability issues though)