Digi XStick (zigbee) - Anyone have this working?

Hello,

Has anyone got a Digi XStick working in hass? Believe HASS is seeing it now since I gave the user permissions to the device but I can’t seem to do anything with it. I loaded deCONZ (ubuntu version) and it doesn’t show the device is the list so I can’t connect to it. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Starting to get somewhere…Used the Digi XCTU software to talk with the XStick. In order to see home automation devices you must change the following settings on the stick (from Digi knowledgebase article).

Using our XCTU software or some other Terminal Emulator or processor, the following settings within the XBee ZB SMT module would need to be set:

ZS 2
AP 1
AO 3
EE 1
EO 2
KY 0x5A6967426565416C6C69616E63653039

Now it can see some of my devices, but still having an issue with Ubuntu seeing the stick in XCTU (works fine when plugged into my Mac).

1 Like

Got ubuntu version of XCTU to work (HASS has to be shutdown, guessing a utilization of the serial port by two apps is bad) and can see HA devices now.

1 Like

What product family and function set are you using in XCTU?

Doing the same thing above with an xbee and usb adapter I’m able to add devices to the zigbee network via XCTU but after getting that far I’m totally lost, has anyone figured out where we go from here?

Hello, I’m new of HA, I started with Z-wave usb stick from Aeotec and all work well, also with the z-wave switch fibaro.
Now I’m thinking to start to configure also the ZigBee technology.
I founded this in the net “digi xstick”
Someone of you started to use it with HA?

Thanks.

never got it to work, look at the ZHA zigbee component. I have it working.

Are you referring to this component:
Nortek/GoControl Z-Wave & Zigbee USB Adaptor - Model HUSBZB-1?

yeah, thats the one, it works with the ZHA component. Devices working/notworking thread here:

I already have the Aeon Z Stick Gen 5 for z-WAVE, can work together the 2 usb stick in this scenario:

• z-wave --> Aeon Z Stick Gen 5
  • zigbee --> HUSBZB-1

do you know if is possible to combine both usb stick?

I have that same setup as I haven’t taken the time to remove all the nodes from the Z Stick and set them up with the HUSBZB stick yet. So yes you can use both at the same time, the zwave portion of the HUSBZB just isn’t going to be setup.

now the big problem is to understand where to buy…Italy online store not have it :angry:

I have to find some European store

also have to make sure that stick works with European zigbee devices. I’m not sure but thought they might be different in some way.

The freq is 2.4 Ghz for zigbee and as I understand is similar in all the world. I wrong my understanding?

I think you mean make sure it works with the European Z-Wave frequency. I don’t believe this is available so the European Z-Wave devices would not work with this stick. As far as I know Zigbee works on the same frequency all over the world.

for z-wave no problem because I have the Aeon Z Stick Gen 5 that works perfect with the EU freq.

I just searching a stick for zeegbee…but very difficult to find something in the european market, I only find this shippable in Italy:

http://www.mouser.it/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=HKtb%2bt0PK3DGpXkwugUisQ%3D%3D

I hate to bring up threads from the dead. But is there anyway of getting support for this device? ie * Digi XStick (ZB mesh version) model no. XU-Z11. It’s a rather inexpensive device and I see that Mozilla IoT is specing this device?

1 Like

Did you find out anyting about that device? I bought two units recently, but cannot read the f/w version using XCTU.