Direct integrate the Aqara M1 Hub to Home Assistant not working?

I have run my Aqara Zigbee Hub ZHWG11LM successfully through Apple Home.

I have removed/deleted the Aqara hub from Apple Home with the intent to directly integrate the Aqara hub with Home Assistant.

When I add integration “Xiaomi Aqara Gateway” in Home Assistant, I receive the response “Failed to discover a Xiaomi Aqara Gateway, try using the IP of the device running HomeAssistant as interface”

Am I addressing a defect or am I approaching the integration incorrectly?

1 Like
  1. Go to integrations
  2. Click Add Intergration
  3. Find Homekit Controller
  4. You will see Aqara Hub, choose it and input Homekit code (8 number)
    if you do not see Aqara Hub at step 4, The first, you must pair Aqara Hub with homekit successful, then you open Home app and remove Aqara Hub, then perform step 1, 2, 3, 4
5 Likes

That worked great, thank you, @ngdaihoc.

But… I have lost one of the temp/pressure/humidity sensors and a smartplug.
How do I trigger the Aqara Hub to go look for these two, through Home Assistant?

When you intergrated Aqara hub with HA by Homekit Controller
with devices sensor belong domain “door_and_window”, only will see state open/close, not battery,…on HA
domain motion -> see state detect/clear
domain temperature_and_humidity -> see temperature, humidity
domain plug -> see state on/off, not see current consumption (power watt)

if you lost, please pair device sensor again with Hub (Press the button 3 times on the hub, Hub will be on connection mode with sensor)

1 Like

Thank you. The temp/pressure/humidity sensors and the smartplug are paired with the Hub again. How do I instruct the HA Homekit Controller to pick these up? I am currently not seeing them in Home Assistant.

1. Go to integrations
  2. Click Add Intergration
  3. Find Homekit Controller
  4. You will see Aqara Hub, choose it and input Homekit code (8 number)
    if you do not see Aqara Hub at step 4, The first, you must pair Aqara Hub with homekit successful, then you open Home app and remove Aqara Hub, then perform step 1, 2, 3, 4

Is there an intent to enable smart plug consumption report to see current consumption (power watt)?

and pressure for the sensors?

Thanks @ngdaihoc. I have done it as you told and it has been successfully. But in order to change the ring tone I try to use the SERVICE xiaomi_aqara.play_ringtone but it is not possible.
Is that because I do not use XIAOMI AQARA GATEWAY integration?

Is there any way to get this hub into HA if I do not have Homekit?

That worked great for me as well, thank you, @ngdaihoc.

Previous time:
HA still SERVICE xiaomi_aqara.play_ringtone created by GitHub - syssi/xiaomi_airconditioningcompanion: Xiaomi Mi and Aqara Air Conditioning Companion integration for Home Assistant, some devices using it, ex: KTBL11LM (lumi.acpartner.v3), Aqara Hub M1 can not using this SERVICE

But now (> core-2021.12.9)
HA not exists SERVICE xiaomi_aqara.play_ringtone

Thank you so much! That worked for me, since the hub I have the E1 is not supported by HA directly!

I just got my M2 hub today and I can’t figure out how to get it paired via HomeKit Controller. Here are the steps I’m performing:

1. Reset the M2 hub (hold down button for 10 seconds until flashing yellow light).
  2. Open Home app on iPhone > + button > Add Accessory
  3. Scan the code on the M2 hub.
  4. Add to Home (assign to room, etc.)
  5. Go to the bridge settings in Home and click “Remove Bridge from Home”
  6. Go to my Home Assistant integrations page.
  7. Click Add Integration > HomeKit Controller
  8. I immediately get the message “Aborted. No unpaired devices could be found.”

Am I missing a step somewhere? I have never used HomeKit before now. Is it a prerequisite that I have HomeKit set up in HomeAssistant somewhere? Do I need to do anything with the Aqara app? Do I need any special hardware on my HomeAssistant box to talk to it (I don’t have a zigbee stick or anything)?

More info: I’m on Home Assistant 2022.3.5. I am running it on a raspberry pi inside docker.

2 Likes

You saved me…thank you :slight_smile:

I will try this tonight for my M2 Hub. I have recently purchased the Nortek Zigbee/Z-Wave USB Hub. Will this affect the Aqara Zigbee connection, or should I be integrating via this instead of the Aqara Hub?

Hi everybody,

Maybe you can help me with my problem as well. I habe the M1S Hub connected to HA via Honekit Controller. That works like a charm. However HA looses the sensors after a certain amount of time…sometimes it’s five minutes other times an hour. The sensors (all of them…three door sensors and one temperature sensor). After a HA restart the sensors are back online…but not for long. In the amara hub the sensors are always online.

Thanks ins advance.

Do you have P1 Motion sensors ? If so, are you able to see them in Home Assistant directly ?

mark as aqara hub m1s

aqara home app + Honekit Controller.

Hi,

In the Home Assistant → Settings → Devices and Services → I am finding only HomeKit Bridge and HomeKit Device.
I could not locate HomeKit Controller.
Where to find the HomeKit Controller.