Disable log in screen animation

Hi, I usually don’t run the most high en laptops, and don’t have the best graphics card. The login screen for Home Assistant have these subtle nice animation in the background that eats all my CPU. In fact, on my previous laptop (even weaker than the one I use now), there was no way for me to log in without resizing the browser tab to a small window to avoid too much drain of CPU for the animation. With my current laptop (i7 quad-core, integrated Intel GPU, 16 GB RAM), if I forget to press log in when I restart my browser (automatically bringing up my old tabs), the fan will run at max speed until I realize I haven’t logged in to HA yet.

Would it be possible to disable this feature?

I run HAOS, updated to the (almost) latest version:
Core 2024.1.5
Supervisor 2023.12.1
Operating System 11.4
Frontend 20240104.0

Voted. I haven’t noticed this problem with HA, probably because I always auto-login. But it’s a point of annoyance for me with a lot of web sites. Don’t make us wait for an animation or a whole lot of graphics to load, just to log in.

Honestly, sometimes I think we need to fire all the designers and give the web back to the coders.

I don’t agree with CaptTom, but I’m a front-end developer, so I might be slightly biased :slight_smile:

@Mgee, have you tried to enable ‘Reduce motion’ on your device? See prefers-reduced-motion - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN . That an OS-level setting that basically tells: I don’t want all the fancy animations. Websites can handle things differently based on that setting, just like they handle different screen sizes in different ways. I don’t know if it is currently implemented in HA, but this sounds like exactly the right use case. If not, perhaps you can create an issue to handle this case.

Yep, tried it now - it didn’t help (KDE/Plasma).

Would be nice if it could be disabled, the login screen crashes on one of my older tablets and I’m unable to login on HA on that device

I use VNC on a remote installation of FullPageOS for HA to be displayed on a non-touchscreen monitor. The login screen animation makes this a 5 minute task to enter a username and password on the welcome screen.

Same problem here, need to desactivate the login animation that makes my TV freeze.

Same here. I access my home assistant installation via remote desktop and the animation makes logins a pain when working on slow connections.