Disable tilt

Hi all,
I’m using Vimar Window Cover, a Zigbee device to control roller shutters.

Since I updated HA to 2023.11, when I open my cover details I see two sliders, like this:

I think it’s because of this commit:

I don’t need the second slider since it does nothing.

I know my Vimar device supports tilt feature, however my roller shutters don’t support it.

Is there a way to disable tilt feature on my device, or simply hide the second slider?

Thanks,
Sigi

2 Likes

Did you ever figure this out? The extra parameter seems to have broken my Alexa integration as it no longer responds to open or percentage, only on or off.

No, I didn’t…

Hello,

You can overwrite the supported_features attribute in configuration.yaml for this.

In the development tool → states, the attribute supported_features for your cover should currently be 255.

By adding following lines in configuration.yaml, you can overwrite it to 15

homeassistant:
  customize:
    cover.your_cover:
      supported_features: 15

15 means no tilt is supported:

2 Likes

Thank you. It works!

Hi, thanks julienhd.
Partly it works for me, partly it does not.

An example of what I see in the state (http://homeassistant.local:8123/developer-tools/state) of a roller shutter (cover.sunricher_hk_zcc_a_16e193fe_window_covering
) which cannot be tilted and therefore the tilt control is not desired:

State attributes (YAML, optional)

current_position: 94
current_tilt_position: 0
device_class: blind
friendly_name: Roleta obyvak J
supported_features: 255

I rewrote the supported_features value from 255 to 15, clicked on “set state”. This induced temporary absence of the tilt control slider. However, after a while (10 seconds?) or maybe after I did the same procedure for other roller shutters or if I changed the shutter position by the up/down arrows, the tilt control slider was back there and so was the value of 255 in the configuration.
Similarly, when I try to change the cover class (from blind to shutter or shade) in the configuration (experimenting what may lead to solution), it induces the change temporarily (change of icon in the overview) but then it reverts itself to blind.

Any idea please of what step or procedure I am missing?