Disable Updater in Hassio 94.4

Does anyone know how to disable Home Assistant Updater in Hassio 94.4?
It is causing thousands of errors in my log file and seems to be slowing things down at times.
The developers are aware of the issue , but they have more important things going on right now and i understand that. My reasoning is that i really do not need the updater anyway since i am running hassio and seldom update anyway. I am running a fresh install of hassio 94.4 in a virtual ubuntu server 18.4 machine under hyper-v , (if that is relevant). The odd thing is that i do not see it listed in my config and searching in vs code doesn’t return anything either. But i know its there cause i have a log file full of errors. Copy of error below:

> ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.139800521711512] Client exceeded max pending messages [2]: 512

Any help would be much appreciated!

I think it is part of the default_config. That means you could comment that out and add the pieces individually.

Thanks for the quick reply , but that is the part that is weird. I searched the core config as well as the entire system with vs code and there is no mention of updater even though i am getting errors for it. Almost like there is a “show all folders” switch somewhere that i am missing. Another odd thing is that i did not have these errors until i did the fresh install and updated from i think 92.? to 94.4

Defining default_config includes updater and the other items listed.

I’m sorry not sure what you mean by that statement.? But heres a copy of my “configuration.yaml” showing the default_config: with no “updater:” entry if that helps. I did find the default_config inside storage as well (this is where it is stored now for onboarding or something i guess, got it from the update change log. Anyway no updater: there either.
Thanks for your help really appreciate it!

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
  customize: !include customize.yaml

  themes: !include themes.yaml

# Uncomment this if you are using SSL/TLS, running in Docker container, etc.
# http:
#   base_url: example.duckdns.org:8123

# Sensors
  # Weather prediction
  #- platform: yr

# Text to speech
  - platform: google_translate

#_______________________________________________________ Yaml Redirects __________________________________________________
group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
climate: !include climate.yaml
light: !include lights.yaml
lock: !include locks.yaml
switch: !include switches.yaml
input_boolean: !include input_boolean.yaml
cover: !include covers.yaml
binary_sensor: !include binary_sensors.yaml
sensor: !include sensors.yaml
insteon: !include insteon.yaml
stream: !include stream.yaml
device_tracker: !include device_tracker.yaml

#_______________________________________________________ Panel Iframe _________________________________________________

    title: TasmoAdmin
    icon: mdi:lightbulb-on
    url: http://
    title: Traccar
    icon: mdi:car-connected
    url: http://


When this is in your configuration:

It is just a quick way of writing


With this knowledge, perhaps you can figure out what to do. I have stated it as simply as I can. If you cannot figure it out now, I leave i to somebody else to try.

Ok, now i get it! I did not read your original post slowly enough. LOL, I thought you were saying to comment out the “updater:” entry (that wasn’t there) . I will just comment out the new “default_config” and enter the entry’s that i need leaving updater out so that it somewhat matches my old config from before i updated (which explains why i didn’t have the issue until i updated). LOL, Sometimes i wonder how i remember to breath when i sleep!
Thank you so much for your Help! I really do appreciate your time!

1 Like

FYI I was the developer who told @msauto that updater wasn’t a priority. Turns out, I misread his comments. This issue is almost certainly unrelated to updater. I’ve replied in the GitHub issue here.

@robbiet480 Ok , not sure what my issue was but i was able to correct the issue and stop the errors by commenting out the new default_config: and manually adding the needed config entries and leaving updater: out of my config . Everything seems to be working fine and a lot more responsive.
Below is a copy of my config for clarification. Maybe this will help someone else with the same issue.

> homeassistant:
>   name: MNS
>   # Location required to calculate the time the sun rises and sets
>   latitude: 
>   longitude: 
>   # Impacts weather/sunrise data (altitude above sea level in meters)
>   elevation: 0
>   # metric for Metric, imperial for Imperial
>   unit_system: "imperial"
>   # Pick yours from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
>   time_zone: America/Chicago
>   # Customization file
>   customize: !include customize.yaml
> # Enables the frontend
> frontend:
>  themes: !include themes.yaml
> config:
> discovery:
>   ignore:
>     - harmony
>     - plex_mediaserver
> # Enables support for tracking state changes over time
> history:
> # View all events in a logbook
> logbook:
> # Allows you to issue voice commands from the frontend in enabled browsers
> conversation:
> recorder:
> system_log:
> logger:
>   default: debug
> system_health: