Disable uPnP Discovery?

How do I exclude uPnP from Discovery? The persistent notification is getting irritating.

3 Likes
discovery:
  ignore:
    - upnp

Starting with HA 0.85.0, in my setup the UPNP component is discovered on start. Like tc23, Iā€™d like to disable that. I already tried to ignore ā€œupnpā€, but unfortunately, that doesnā€™t work:

Invalid config for [discovery]: value is not allowed @ data['discovery']['ignore'][0]. Got 'upnp'. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 55). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/discovery/

Ditto, tried that ignore, but got the same error. Really donā€™t want to be forced into enabling a component to make a notification go away :confused: . And I would disable at the router level, but I believe that messes with things like Chromecast (RIP Chromecast Audio)

It is igd.

discovery:
  ignore:
    - igd
6 Likes

Awesome! I will have that a try. Thank you!!

Works for me :slight_smile: Thank you!

It worked. Thank you!

Iā€™ve just started getting this error. Is yours still working? What does your discovery look like?

@pedro Any ideas? This just started happening with the latest update.

upnp is no longer a valid option for ignore.

EDIT: A few things were removed recently like ā€˜rokuā€™ in 109. Just remove the key from your ignore section thatā€™s causing the error as it was likely removed. Especially seeing that ignore is an option in the UI now.

1 Like

I am so sick and tired of the notification that HA has detected new devices. it keeps ā€œdiscoveringā€ one of my Google WiFi router pucks as an ā€œUPnP/IGD: OnHubā€ device, but ā€œconfigureā€ or ā€œignoreā€ do nothing.

I see the latest documentation in the post directly above this one, as noted both ā€œupnpā€ and ā€œigdā€ are removed, so what is the solution to get HA to stop this silliness?

Any luck? I find this annoying as well. Particularly because the entities arenā€™t even usefulā€¦

Donā€™t use default_config:
Use what is useful for yourself.

What is the alternative? Can you point me toward some additional info?

In configuration.yaml, this :

default_config:

is a shortcut for this :

# Individual options represented by default_config
automation: !include automations.yaml
cloud:
config:
frontend:
history:
input_boolean: 
input_datetime:
input_number: 
input_select:
input_text:
logbook:
map:
mobile_app:
person:
script: 
ssdp:
sun:
system_health:
updater:
zeroconf:
zone:

If you donā€™t need everything in default_config, you can pick what you do need :

Mine :

# Individual options represented by default_config
automation: !include automations.yaml
automation manual: !include_dir_merge_list automations
#cloud:
config:
frontend:
history:
input_boolean: !include input_boolean.yaml
input_datetime:
input_number: !include input_number.yaml
input_select:
input_text:
logbook:
#map:
#mobile_app:
person:
script: !include scripts.yaml
#ssdp:
sun:
system_health:
updater:
#zeroconf:
zone:

To disable uPnP Discovery, comment out ssdp and zeroconf.

6 Likes

I appreciate that.

So if I were to remove those, everything would work as expected except for automatic discovery? Iā€™d still be able to add any given device using a normal integration?

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, good sir.

So, essentially, ssdp and zeroconf have to be disabled.

Great tip! If I read it correctly, SSDP alone might be enough to stop uPnP detection, but I donā€™t like what zeroconf is adding, either ā€¦

very old topic, is this still true in 2024 ? (Disable ssdp)