Disable uPnP Discovery?

How do I exclude uPnP from Discovery? The persistent notification is getting irritating.

3 Likes
discovery:
  ignore:
    - upnp

Starting with HA 0.85.0, in my setup the UPNP component is discovered on start. Like tc23, I’d like to disable that. I already tried to ignore “upnp”, but unfortunately, that doesn’t work:

Invalid config for [discovery]: value is not allowed @ data['discovery']['ignore'][0]. Got 'upnp'. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 55). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/discovery/

Ditto, tried that ignore, but got the same error. Really don’t want to be forced into enabling a component to make a notification go away :confused: . And I would disable at the router level, but I believe that messes with things like Chromecast (RIP Chromecast Audio)

It is igd.

discovery:
  ignore:
    - igd
6 Likes

Awesome! I will have that a try. Thank you!!

Works for me :slight_smile: Thank you!

It worked. Thank you!

I’ve just started getting this error. Is yours still working? What does your discovery look like?

@pedro Any ideas? This just started happening with the latest update.

upnp is no longer a valid option for ignore.

EDIT: A few things were removed recently like ‘roku’ in 109. Just remove the key from your ignore section that’s causing the error as it was likely removed. Especially seeing that ignore is an option in the UI now.

1 Like

I am so sick and tired of the notification that HA has detected new devices. it keeps “discovering” one of my Google WiFi router pucks as an “UPnP/IGD: OnHub” device, but “configure” or “ignore” do nothing.

I see the latest documentation in the post directly above this one, as noted both “upnp” and “igd” are removed, so what is the solution to get HA to stop this silliness?

Any luck? I find this annoying as well. Particularly because the entities aren’t even useful…

Don’t use default_config:
Use what is useful for yourself.

What is the alternative? Can you point me toward some additional info?

In configuration.yaml, this :

default_config:

is a shortcut for this :

# Individual options represented by default_config
automation: !include automations.yaml
cloud:
config:
frontend:
history:
input_boolean: 
input_datetime:
input_number: 
input_select:
input_text:
logbook:
map:
mobile_app:
person:
script: 
ssdp:
sun:
system_health:
updater:
zeroconf:
zone:

If you don’t need everything in default_config, you can pick what you do need :

Mine :

# Individual options represented by default_config
automation: !include automations.yaml
automation manual: !include_dir_merge_list automations
#cloud:
config:
frontend:
history:
input_boolean: !include input_boolean.yaml
input_datetime:
input_number: !include input_number.yaml
input_select:
input_text:
logbook:
#map:
#mobile_app:
person:
script: !include scripts.yaml
#ssdp:
sun:
system_health:
updater:
#zeroconf:
zone:

To disable uPnP Discovery, comment out ssdp and zeroconf.

6 Likes

I appreciate that.

So if I were to remove those, everything would work as expected except for automatic discovery? I’d still be able to add any given device using a normal integration?

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, good sir.

So, essentially, ssdp and zeroconf have to be disabled.

Great tip! If I read it correctly, SSDP alone might be enough to stop uPnP detection, but I don’t like what zeroconf is adding, either …

very old topic, is this still true in 2024 ? (Disable ssdp)