Discovered Apple TV randomly turning on TV

Ever since Apple TV was discovered by Home Assistant I have been experiencing some unexpected results. I will wake up in the middle of the night or come home from work and see my TV on at the Apple TV menu screen. Somehow HA is “waking up” my Apple TV which is connected through HDMI CEC to my TV which will power on my TV. This happens multiple times throughout the day and night…super annoying.

Is anyone else having this issue? If not…how can I “ban” my Apple TV from HA discovery without turning off discovery all together?

Discovery was updated in 0.39 and now allows you to ignore platforms. Take a look at the docs to see how this is now done.

1 Like

@rpitera I don’t have random problem, but my Apple TV does turn on when I restart HA. I will try to ignore Apple TV when I get home tonight.

I assume this will solve the issue? @ColonelRhodes did you try this yet?

Your problem may be with HDMI-CEC initializing on the restart. I don’t use it so I’m afraid I can’t be much help there, but hopefully this will give you an idea of what to look into.

1 Like

@rpitera Interesting, I do have that turned on. I will look into it thanks.

1 Like

Unfortunately, no luck… I tried turning off the HDMI CEC/Anyconnect on Samsung. But, the Apple TV still turns on. I even removed the HDMI cable and restarted HA, and the Apple TV still turns on restart.

It’s not because of discovery or HDMI-CEC for me… it always turns on restart!

I’d suggest taking a look in Github in the issues section as I know I have seen at least two other users report this with ATV and the latest updates; maybe there is an issue raised already.