Discovery for zigbee device is not creating an entry into HA device or entity list

I am using zigbee2mqtt and Mosquitto broker in hassio (HassOS 3.13) and I am having an issue with zigbee devices, because every time I remove one device from Home Assistant and add it again, Home Assistant doesn’t create an entry in the Entities or Devices list for the device.

I am removing the device using topic zigbee2mqtt/bridge/config/force_remove, and then when I add the device again, zigbee2mqtt recognise it (I can see the message {"type":"pairing","message":"interview_successful","meta":{"friendly_name":"xxxxxxxxxxxx","model":"xxxxxxxx","vendor":"xxxxxx","description":"xxxxxxxxx","supported":true}} and any other subsequent message sent by the device in the zigbee2mqtt log, so pairing is successful), but Home Assistant doesn’t create an entry in the Entities or Devices list for the device.

I already checked the option “Enable newly added entities” is enable within MQTT system options, so I don’t understand why the device is not added to the devices/entities list, is anyone having the same issue? is there any log where I can see why MQTT is not adding the device properly?

1 Like

Do you restart HA in between ?

Yes, these are the steps I am following:

1. Remove zigbee device from HA using topic zigbee2mqtt/bridge/config/force_remove
  2. Restart HA
  3. Confirm zigbee device has been completely removed and it´s not appearing in the zigbee map (also zigbee2mqtt is not capturing any message sent from the device, so device has been removed)
  4. Enable zigbee option “permit_join = true” to allow zigbee devices to join
  5. Add the zigbee device to Ha using the reset button in the device
    After this process I can see the “interview_successful” message and also any new message sent from the device in zigbee2mqtt log, but the device doesn´t appear in HA devices list or entities list

Have you found the solution?

Not really, but I haven´t removed any device using the force_remove command again, so I am not sure if the error is still happening or it has been solved.