Discussion: Index of re-usable apps page

An unrelated discussion in another thread got me thinking that it would be cool to have an index of re-usable apps that perform some generic extension to the capabilities of HASS. By generic I mean things which are not tied to any one users particular set up, but can be deployed across many setups. The only example I can think of currently is Occusim.

Perhaps as a start we can post links in this topic and maybe move to a Wiki or something later (AppDaemon app store anyone?).

2 Likes

It’s been discussed, a webspace is even set up for it. But between changes/updates to AppDaemon and now the HADashboard v2 project (which now runs on AppDaemon itself) I think Andrew has a bit on his plate that he has to get cleared before we can get back to working on it (I’m hosting and doing the website).

In the interim, I agree that this thread is a good idea. I’m sure @ReneTode will contribute some of the awesome stuff he’s been working on.

3 Likes

yup, i would.

my generic sound app is on my github, and my light app also, but didnt finish description for that one.
i have a few more here that i plan to put online.

appdaemon for beginner should also be on the same place. (and there should be a few more pages coming :wink: )

2 Likes

Perhaps we can make a combined thread for these two things and then I’ll make it a sticky in the AD forum.

placing apps in a thread (even if its sticky) wont be very usefull if comments are in between.

maybe a list of links to topics with general apps and github places where general apps can be found?

1 Like

I was thinking of a new thread, but then locking it. Andrew or I could maintain it since we’re both mods and can unlock/lock the thread. Anyone who wants to add to the thread can PM us with the post.

that would work.
still there is a lot available already. so links in the first post would be helpfull.
it would function as an index.

1 Like

That’s why I was thinking of starting here and then collating all the links into a central location like a wiki page.

It’s still going to become unmanageable eventually and organising apps into categories is going to be difficult.

we are talking, just for now as a start untill dashboard V2 is launched and working. (and maybe some other things that are going on/lying around now)

we could do nothing or just starting collecting for now.

Agreed. It might even be better to continue this as a PM discussion.

Agreed, please include me. I’m happy to help.

1 Like

and leave out others that might want to help?
i see no advantage from PM in this case :wink:

talk about a lot in this topic, keep it high and others might jump the wagon :wink:

Make up your mind for god sake. LOL

i made up my mind :wink:

you create a new sticky topic.
and you add links that are given to you by PM and create an index out of it. :wink:

everyone else creates apps, post them on the forum, or on github or on their own site and pm you to post it in the sticky list :wink:

So I have renamed this thread title so that the actual sticky thread’s title makes sense. That eliminates the need to go PM. Otherwise you have a mess as well as a bear to moderate.

your the mr. mod :stuck_out_tongue:

Go home Rene, you’re drunk. ROFLMAO

(More of a common joke in the states; it’s sort of a meme.)

1 Like

Why not have a sticky thread, pointing to a GitHub repository where such things are kept? Thinking of something like awesome-vscode as an example for such a list.

1 Like

+1 (that aligns with my thinking)

i was already starting that, but your right that could be a future move.

pffff, rob, i am already home :stuck_out_tongue: