Discussion list about Home Assistant with screen reader or other adaptive technologies

Hello,

A mail based discussion list has been created to talk about Home Assistant usage with screen reader or other adaptive technologies on groups.io.

The list is here: [email protected] | Home

By joining this list, we could share about accessibility improvements for Home Assistant to be able to forward them on Github so ideas could be common and the most clearly explained as possible.
Moreover, it can be helpful to share our experience and some tips for Home Assistant usage with adaptive technologies.

Feel free to join us: [email protected] | Home

Thanks.

Is it about configuring HA or about using HA or both?

my wife is blind and i try to make her life easier by using smart home technologies.
we started with Alexa this May and then i moved to HA some weeks ago.

now i am constantly trying to implement functions that are helpful for her.

like the hue smart button that starts roborock or the alexa routine that tells her which windows are open and some more…

would be cool to not only have a mailing list, and also have a “look i built this” thread especially for these things. i would love to share my achievments.

All experiences are welcome to be shared :slight_smile: so configuring and using are fine.

as this is my first mailing list i subscribed… so then you send email with what you want to tell people?

wouldnt it be better to make a thread here to share some of the projects?

It has been created because some people are mor comfortable with mail discussion and originally because I hoped there would be some feedback we could centralize and create issues on Github.

In the practice I use more forums but it is my personal case of use.

Ideally both is better when sharing but if you want to target more people maybe you’re right, it is better to post on the forum.

Somewhat new to HA but for daily screen using a Samsung Tablet mounted to wall running HA 24/7

1 Like