Dishwasher - Candy simply FI - CDI 6015 WiFi

Has anyone understand how to read TempRead? Example: is it in resistance ohm, tension mv, or other…

Hi, could anyone give a clear to follow step by step guide on how to get the key from ones appliance? I have read through this thread, but I just can’t figure out how to get the CandySimplyFi-tool running, I tried it on visual studio (2022 AND code versions), and I tried it on a linux device, but it just gave errors.

Since I usually just follow the steps mentioned on the page for anything I added to Home Assistant for now, and just googling any issue I come across, I can’t seem to find any resources on this that tell me how to even get it running (the instructions for windows just saying ‘Just use Visual Studio’ just just doing the trick)

1 Like

Exact same situation with a Candy Hoven (Model FCT686X ), and similar result into HACS Integration.

If anyone could assist, and I can share the STRING KEYS.

Thank you ! And Thanks to all who contributed.

I just installed the GitHub - ofalvai/home-assistant-candy: Unofficial Candy/Haier washing machine integration for Home Assistant custom component to control my Candy dishwasher CDIMN 4D622PB/E

Here my steps to make it woks

• Install the Candy simply-Fi app on your phone (Android - iOS)
  • Follow the instruction to connect the dishwasher to the wifi
  • It’s important to arrive to the point where the device connects to local wifi and gets an ip address
  • Write down the ip address.
  • For advanced network configurations: from this point ongoing, the device doesn’t need to be connected to internet anymore (but has to be connected to your wifi, of course).
  • Install GitHub - ofalvai/home-assistant-candy: Unofficial Candy/Haier washing machine integration for Home Assistant
  • Configure the integration using the ip address noted previously
  • Everything works and I see the dishwasher in HA, no need to add any decrypt key
  • It’s also possible to unistall the candy app from the phone (and/or delete the candy account, as everything now works using only the local network, no cloud needed)

Hope this help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I added the machinne with the custom component, but I cannot operate it like start some cycle?

Integration is not working anymore

1 Like

I found the key today with the tool, but when I put the ip address in HA integration, HA crashes and I need to force restart the docker container.
I tried older release but nothing changed.

I have made e custom package to integrate my candy Bianca (BWD 596PH3/5-S).
Now I am able to know the status of my washing machine (program, status of washing, rem time, temperature, spin speed, ecc…) and I am able to start and stop a 6-7 wash program (the program that i use more frequently).

Then i use banner custom components to show a part of this information:

1 Like

Do you want to share with us?

1 Like

of course!!! this is the github repo:

https://github.com/wariat85/hm_candy_bianca/blob/588becede6f7d2deaf0444e4a21f89d5d67fb7c2/README.md

1 Like

i have only 3 entities
Wash cycle remaining time
Wash cycle status
Washing machine

also i did not enter the key…how does this works?

For anybody else having trouble getting the integration working. I have written a python script for Hoover WDWOA596H WIFI Washer Dryer which uses the Candy API.

The yaml approach above from _Paolinho looks great though. Wish I had seen that before I started my project.

If anybody is curious here is my approach: GitHub - Eikkargh/Candy-API-to-JSON: Communicates with Candy/Hoover washer dryers to produce a JSON readable by Home Assistant

It may need modifying if you are using a different machine.

2 Likes

Hello,

I have a Candy Pro (RPW4966BWMR) working with the hOn app.

Is there a way to make it works with HA?

Have you tried the Candy integration from HACS? It doesnt seem to work with all devices including mine.

If the integrations doesnt work you could see if you can get a response from the API. In console try:
curl -s http://<CANDY_IP_HERE>/http-read.json?encrypted=1 | xxd -r -p

The response should be an encrypted plaintext. If this works you could try the solution from my github link in the post above. The readme outlines how to get the key, update the python script and set up sensors in Home Assistant.

If anyone else has the same problem as I do, that the device was already registered to another account, then the solution is to replace the microprocessor in the unit (ESP32) and transfer the software onto it. The server only checks the MAC Address, so any serial number can be entered into the app.

1 Like

I solved using the hOn integration here: GitHub - ofalvai/home-assistant-candy: Unofficial Candy/Haier appliance integration for Home Assistant

Could someone who’s successfully controlling their device please give me a quick sanity check and a steer on next steps?

I have a Hoover H-Wash&Dry 500 and I want to be able to start a cycle via an HA automation and monitor its status. I’m running HA in a Docker container.

I have the encryption key for my washing machine so can decrypt the requests and figure out the commands to send.

I’m a bit blurry on the next steps. It sounds like pyscript or Appdaemon are going to be the best ways of sending the commands to the machine. I have no experience with either but will figure it out; is one objectively better for this task than the other or is just personal preference?

Also do I still need to install xortool-xor in the HA Docker container, or does using pyscript / Appdaemon avoid this because I can use various other python libraries instead?

I have not attempted to send commands to my machine. I just grab the data with command_line calling a python script that does all the decoding. I could never get my machine to work with the integration. Subtle differences in home my machine responds maybe.

I have not seen any solutions for this but it should be possible to work this out with something like packet capture running on android. Then fire off the command from the hOn/simply-fi phone app and see what packet capture sees. Set up a button in home assistant to post the same command to your machine.

Ill have a look at doing this when I next run my machine see what I find.

Wouldn’t be the other way around?
You need to see what packet is send to your machine from internet? From hOn server to machine.
From phone app to hOn server packet is probably not relevant if you want direct control. Just my thoughts though, I have really not much knowledge about any of this.

Hi.
What is wrong?