Disk Space problem after "playing" with ESPHome

Hi, today I received mi first ESP32, after installing the ESPHome addon I started to “play”.

I did the installation to the ESP32 wirelessly (from the ESPHome addon), but it took a long time and I thought there was something wrong with my configuration so I stopped the installation several times and tried again.

after some tries… I realized that since I started playing with ESPHome and try to install into the device, the free space of the SD card has been reduced by like 50%!!

I have the feeling that it is because of some temporary cache or something similar, but I can’t find it.

Where are that 19.6GB ?

Device:
Raspberry Pi 4b + SD card 32GB

I checked the folder of esphome and it only has one YAML configuration file. Also I clean up the build files from ESPHome addon…

Any idea ?

First off, I don’t think your disk space is the issue. You are only using 65%.

It depends on what you are trying to flash to the ESP. Let us see the yaml and it may be obvious. A raspberry pi may take a long time to compile the code, it been a long time since I used an RPi for HA but my server which is more powerful can take a while to compile code. The voice assistant stuff can really take a lot of time.

Sorry, maybe I didn’t explain it well.
The 65% disk occupied is not a problem (yes, it’s below 90%).

The problem is that has grown a lot (you can see the graph) just by trying to play with ESPHome, I’m looking for the reason of this growth, I’m also worried if this has increased the size of the backups, I don’t want to have 19Gb occupied when before my HA was around 5Gb.

PD: Im starting to suspect that my SD Card is corrupted.

That would likely be both the libraries esphome uses and the compiled versions. Those should not be backed up, only the yaml files for the firmware (and maybe any local included source you added yourself) are relevant. Normally the complied files are in a separate folder that is not part of the backups HA makes.

Thank for your answer.
Do you know where are this compiled files ?

I couldn’t find it.