Display target temperate instead of current temperature

When I try and set the temperature on a thermostat, regardless if I use scenes scripts or the dashboard thermostat dial, it bounces back to current state instead of showing the desired target temperature.

If I make a button saying: Set heaters to 23c, all other controllers, such as Homey, Vera etc. will show me the desired 23c target temperarure, so I am sure the command has been sent. However, Home Assistant only changes the displayed target temperature once the thermostat has woken up and reported back that the commando has been received.

This leaves us and all other users clueless if the command has been fired correctly. And no. My wife nor children setup a debug or feedback mechanism. It’s just bad UX and I intuitive design. I am not here to blame volunteers, despite I would rather pay big money for a better system.

So question: Do you guys know of any hack to this problem?

Thanks

First of all, it would be really helpful to answer this, if you would tell what kind of thermostat is it and what integration are you using for it.

Otherwise optimistic option you need to show your set value instead the last state, but not knowing the integration, it is hard to tell is that an option or not.